News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Memorial Day Weekend Racing

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 29, 2016, 11:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I think most people who are familiar with my posts on this forum know that I tend to be out of the house as much as possible.  With that it mind this is one of the few weekends that I actually enjoy sitting at home because of all the racing coverage this weekend.  I have the Monaco GP on my DVR recorded to watch later tonight and I'm sitting down watching the pre-race for the Indy 500.  The World 600 is also on tonight.  I can't be the only one who would rather watch cars going around in circles this weekend rather than being one of the 38 million slugs saturating the highways?

slorydn1

This is a yearly ritual in my house. The only difference is that I actually wake up and watch the F1 race live and go straight through the conclusion of the Coke 600 post race show. This year that ended up being from 7am straight through to 10:30pm, then a couple of hours racing my brother on GT6 after all of that.

Forget Christmas-the Sunday before Memorial Day is the most wonderful tiiiime of the YEEAAARRR!
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

Max Rockatansky

Used to do the same thing in the pre-DVD days.  Now it's one of the few weekends I have off for sure and one for which I have no desire to leave the house given the glut of holiday traffic.  So that being the case sleeping usually is the way I go with a follow up of recorded F1 broadcast.  The 500 was interesting this year with the rookie winner and fuel economy...the 600 was just strange in how much it was dominated by Truex.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.