News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Disappearing and reappearing channels on Sirrus XM

Started by dvferyance, June 02, 2016, 09:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

A couple of months ago 2 new channels appeared on my Sirius radio channels 207 and 209. One is a basketball channel the other a baseball channel. However after 2 weeks they were gone. But then just a couple weeks ago the appeared again only have them disappeared a couple weeks later. What's going on here?

Roadrunner75

Quote from: dvferyance on June 02, 2016, 09:48:57 PM
A couple of months ago 2 new channels appeared on my Sirius radio channels 207 and 209. One is a basketball channel the other a baseball channel. However after 2 weeks they were gone. But then just a couple weeks ago the appeared again only have them disappeared a couple weeks later. What's going on here?
Might those have been temporary overflow channels when they had conflicts with games?

DandyDan

I believe Roadrunner is right.  I believe they used those particular channels for college football during its season.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

rawmustard

207 and 209 are NBA Radio and MLB Network Radio, respectively, on Sirius radios. (XM radios would have these on 86 and 89.) I'm wondering if SiriusXM might finally be harmonizing these channels so they can have the same channel numbers on both types of radios, considering Sirius has all of its other sports channels in the 80s.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.