Semi destroys ugly sign on SH-152 near Will Rogers World Airport in OKC

Started by Scott5114, June 28, 2014, 08:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

billtm

That bridge is really low! I'm almost taller than the clearance for that bridge! :-o

hbelkins

What was the problem with that sign? All I could see was a text sign, including one that appeared damaged. If it was the ugly sign, the ugliness isn't apparent from the photo accompanying the news story.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

billtm

Its at the interchange of airport road and meridian ave north of will ridges world airport. You can find it on street view looking westbound on airport road. I think what makes it so ugly is that the word southbound is in all caps.

Scott5114

Actually, it's the arrow: http://goo.gl/maps/pJhAV

Not bad enough for Worst of Road Signs, but still pretty ugly.

billtm: You should play basketball. I would imagine that there are not a lot of 15-year-olds that are almost 16′2″.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

billtm

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 30, 2014, 04:01:22 AM
Actually, it's the arrow: http://goo.gl/maps/pJhAV

Not bad enough for Worst of Road Signs, but still pretty ugly.

billtm: You should play basketball. I would imagine that there are not a lot of 15-year-olds that are almost 16′2″.

Whoops! I thought it said 6ft. 2in. :banghead:

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Bickendan

Well, that's one way to redecorate... Two or three, if you count the directions on the overpass.

roadman65

Too bad he was not driving OBT in Orlando with our ugly traffic signals that we have there courtesy of the anal organization known as the South Trail Development Board.

However, interesting photo.  That truck sure jacknived pretty good.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bugo

That's the infamous exit that a certain person "missed" and caused us to have to wait in the hot sun for 1/2 hour or more.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.