News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NY: Adirondack Park guardrails being replaced; no more "rustic" look

Started by cu2010, May 30, 2011, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cu2010

Saw this on the news this evening...apparently the guardrails in the Adirondack Park, with their rustic-looking brown glory, are being replaced with normal, boring galvanized steel ones.  The old ones allegedly don't hold up as well.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Adirondack-Guard-Rails-Getting-New-Look-122842794.html

Le sigh...I can understand why it's being done, but it's truly a shame...I don't want to see shiny metal glaring out at me among all of the scenery...
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

xcellntbuy

A good coating of rust-converter followed by some well-specified rust-inhibitive paint in the official State color, Cayuga Brown, may do the trick.  Might save the long-suffering taxpayers of New York some money in the long run, too. :hmmm:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.