News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

New Sacramento Kings stadium now called Golden 1 arena

Started by bing101, June 17, 2015, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/city-arena/article24618010.html

Golden 1 is a credit union company that serves the Sacramento Valley.
But I have one problem here. The name of the stadium seems to fit more with the NBA Champs Golden State Warriors. This is odd timing.

Desert Man

Actually, you can thank Kevin Johnson, former Kings player and mayor of Sacramento, and the turned-around CA economy for saving the Kings, despite they're not always a winning season team. The Kings began their team history in Rochester, NY, then moved to Cincinnati, OH, and briefly in Omaha-Kansas City MO (name changed from Royals to Kings) and finally since 1985 in Sacramento, a coast-to-coast movement for their first 3 decades. The Kings almost moved to Anaheim CA, then Seattle and from what I heard Las Vegas, again like in the hockey thread, sports gambling issues prevented Las Vegas from being granted any major league sports franchise.

IMO, the LA Clippers should play in Inglewood or Long Beach or Anaheim, sharing Staples Center with the historied Lakers (their last 2 seasons were terrible) isn't the best business move. I know NYC's 2 NFL teams play in Meadowlands Stadium in NJ until NYC approves a future NFL stadium in Brooklyn's former Navy yard. The Clippers were formerly in San Diego (1977-84) and earlier in Buffalo NY (1970-77). If the NBA can't expand to let's say Seattle, Kansas City, Virginia or New Jersey (formerly had the Nets, now in Brooklyn), take the Clippers to any one of them, or again, San Bernardino-Riverside CA. If I was rich, I would help bring pro sports there.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.