AASHTO Watch: Fall 2015 Edition

Started by Rover_0, September 26, 2015, 01:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

I figured with the AASHTO meetings in Chicago that happened Thursday the 24th I'd start a thread on the changes listed (when they're posted). Will I-840 in Tennessee become official? Will more US Routes be moved off of Interstates?  :sombrero: Discuss it here.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

rschen7754

The postings seem to be getting later and later. Last time around it was two weeks after the meeting. :/

rawmustard

AASHTO did announce the winners for the 2015 America's Transportation Awards. Florida Department of Transportation won both the grand prize and people's choice awards. The former was for the Port of Miami Tunnel project while the latter was for I-595 corridor improvements. The projects were selected from a list of 10 finalists, and each award provides $10,000 to be used to support a charity or transportation scholarship of the agency's choice.

english si

ekt8750

Hmmm. Looks like PA is proposing to sign the former US 202 alignment between Montgomeyville and Doylestown as Business US 202. I'm surprised that wasn't done before the Parkway opened.

english si

Quote from: ekt8750 on September 28, 2015, 02:03:55 PMHmmm. Looks like PA is proposing to sign the former US 202 alignment between Montgomeyville and Doylestown as Business US 202. I'm surprised that wasn't done before the Parkway opened.
Proposed. The May documents are still there on that page and will be archived when September's get put up.

Grzrd

All applications approved and applications are linked:

http://route.transportation.org/Documents/2015%20AM%20September%2024%20Chicago%2c%20IL/SCOH%20Report%20from%20Special%20Committee%20on%20US%20Route%20Numbering%20AM2015.pdf

They are also considering archiving and scanning their records dating back to the 1920s so that they will be available to the general public via the web.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bassoon1986

So for US 270 Bus through Malvern, AR, it creates another Business route that doesn't connect to the parent at one end. I wonder if there are plans to continue the new US 270 on a new alignment west of I-30 rather than down one exit?

The High Plains Traveler

So, Minnesota is establishing a U.S. 169 Business route on county highways through Shakopee. The state is not resuming ownership of these roads, that I'm aware. It'll be interesting to see what kind of signage is used; I predict the green U.S. business route marker similar to that used on 71 in Willmar.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Bickendan

I'm surprised Georgia's USBR 321 and 521 didn't get denied on the ground of being less than 300 miles or crossing state lines :bigass:

(Hopefully this means AASHTO's not as strict with USBR)

rschen7754

Only one Interstate this time around. Not very exciting.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

mvak36

Saw this in that SCOH report: "Also presented at the USRN meeting was the affirmative decision made by FHWA on July 22, 2015, regarding Tennessee's establishment of State Route 840 as Interstate 840 (I-840) from I-40 east of Nashville (Exit #176) to I-40 west of Nashville (Exit #235).  AASHTO approved the route, since there is no objection by FHWA"

:biggrin:
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

froggie

Quote from: NE2Alabama - US 82 Relocation (Centreville bypass extension)

Of note here is that, according to the map on the application, ALDOT is designating old US 82 east of AL 219 as AL 382.

Quote from: The High Plains TravelerI predict the green U.S. business route marker similar to that used on 71 in Willmar.

A combination of that and the BUSINESS 14 markers in Dodge Center.  The former is similar to MnDOT's standard (9.5mb PDF, see M1-4b and M1-4ab) for guide sign overlays (white lettering on green background with "BUSINESS" above the route number), while the BUSINESS 14 markers are the state standard for reassurance shields.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: mvak36 on October 02, 2015, 10:59:10 AM
Saw this in that SCOH report: "Also presented at the USRN meeting was the affirmative decision made by FHWA on July 22, 2015, regarding Tennessee's establishment of State Route 840 as Interstate 840 (I-840) from I-40 east of Nashville (Exit #176) to I-40 west of Nashville (Exit #235).  AASHTO approved the route, since there is no objection by FHWA"

So does that mean they're gonna start changing out shields anytime soon?  I thought there was crap about TN messing up the paperwork for 840 in the spring and AASHTO asking them to resubmit.  Does that still need to happen or can the change now happen?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

formulanone

Quote from: froggie on October 02, 2015, 11:10:37 AM

Of note here is that, according to the map on the application, ALDOT is designating old US 82 east of AL 219 as AL 382.

I wonder what the bypassed section of US 411 will become...seems ALDOT tried 6xx routes, but then changed their minds, so now these bypasses are 3xx's? I think numbers around >297 are available.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: rschen7754 on October 02, 2015, 01:11:41 AM
Only one Interstate this time around. Not very exciting.

I-269 MS. Nothing new. Also it appears TN corrected itself and I-840 can now proceed.
Quote from: NE2 on October 02, 2015, 02:08:01 AM
Quote from: rschen7754 on October 02, 2015, 01:11:41 AM
Waaaah no flashy shields

(Empty post)

Please next time write something. In another forum I'm in, there's a minimum character limit of 2, not counting quotes.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

english si

TravelingBethelite

"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

lordsutch

Quote from: formulanone on October 02, 2015, 04:42:25 PM
I wonder what the bypassed section of US 411 will become...seems ALDOT tried 6xx routes, but then changed their minds, so now these bypasses are 3xx's? I think numbers around >297 are available.

I read somewhere that old US 411 is being turned over to Etowah County for maintenance after it is resurfaced.

Charles2

Quote from: formulanone on October 02, 2015, 04:42:25 PM
Quote from: froggie on October 02, 2015, 11:10:37 AM

Wonder why 282 wasn't used?  That route designation is available.  Better yet, why wasn't AL-58 re-routed on the old 82?  As it is, SR-58 may be one of the most insignificant state routes in Alabama.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: english si on October 02, 2015, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 02, 2015, 06:00:18 PMI didn't get the joke.

(Empty post. Again)

Same thing I said to NE2. Even worse, I know you are in SSC too (where the minimum two-character limit excluding quotes is in force). And I got the joke BTW.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

english si

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 03, 2015, 04:24:23 AMSame thing I said to NE2.
:banghead:
QuoteEven worse, I know you are in SSC too (where the minimum two-character limit excluding quotes is in force).
What's SSC got to do with this? Different forums, different styles.
QuoteAnd I got the joke BTW.
So why are you complaining about the empty post - if you got the joke, you'd know the posts were not actually empty, just formatted in an unusual way!

froggie

QuoteI wonder what the bypassed section of US 411 will become...seems ALDOT tried 6xx routes, but then changed their minds, so now these bypasses are 3xx's? I think numbers around >297 are available.

Based on the application map (and counting what lordsutch said), a county road.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.