News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

ADOT's creativity on dynamic message signs

Started by Pink Jazz, December 14, 2015, 11:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

During the Thanksgiving weekend, many dynamic message signs were displaying the message "DRINKING & DRIVING GO TOGETHER LIKE PEAS & GUAC". That message was eventually pulled due to backlash.

Looks like ADOT is being creative again today with the message "AGGRESSIVE DRIVING IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE", capitalizing on the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I wonder what could we see next.

ARMOURERERIC

Faux Racial undertones your message boards have.

Pink Jazz

This could potentially be a message for Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
REAL MEN WEAR
PINK & DON'T
DRINK & DRIVE

pumpkineater2

They need to get creative and compose a clever message telling drivers to keep right except to pass.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

thenetwork

Quote from: pumpkineater2 on December 14, 2015, 04:28:36 PM
They need to get creative and compose a clever message telling drivers to keep right except to pass.

LEFT LANERS:
HIT THE GAS OR
MOVE YOUR ASS!

pumpkineater2

Come ride with me to the distant shore...

andy3175

WyoDOT has some Star Wars-related signage that seems in line with what ADOT has been posting, apparently just for late Dec 2015:

http://oilcitywyo.com/128578196479148032/what-to-look-for-from-a-financial-advisor

- The Force is Strong with You: Buckle Up
- Be a Rebel not a Clone: Buckle Up
- Avoid the Darkside: Buckle Up
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.