News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Forum Glitch when viewing profile?

Started by freebrickproductions, February 16, 2016, 03:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebrickproductions

I've noticed today that when viewing someone's profile (such as mine, for example), there's this string at the very top of the page:
Quote// Begin SMF Gallery $txt['whoall_gallery'] = 'In the Gallery'; // END SMF Gallery Strings

Any reason as to why that's showing up?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hotdogPi

In some programming languages, two slashes in a row mean a comment, which means the program is not supposed to execute that code, and it is meant for the user to read while viewing code (usually to make it clearer). However, we still should not be able to see it.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

freebrickproductions

Quote from: 1 on February 16, 2016, 03:11:22 PM
In some programming languages, two slashes in a row mean a comment, which means the program is not supposed to execute that code, and it is meant for the user to read while viewing code (usually to make it clearer). However, we still should not be able to see it.
I noticed that they looked like comments, as C++ uses that to comment lines out. I'm not sure how php code works though.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Thing 342

That looks like some code that was accidentally left out of the <?php ?> brackets. I believe it was meant to set sort of page header variable, but I'm not familiar with SMF. 

rickmastfan67

rickmastfan67

Has been fixed.  A new mod Alex installed this morning didn't properly put it's info in the right place (it put it after a '?>' instead of before it).  I've manually fixed it in the PHP files.

So, this problem should no longer happen. :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.