News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I know that I-85 is being improved....

Started by ReeseFerlautoI74/85, February 25, 2016, 05:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Katavia

Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 26, 2016, 06:23:19 AM
Quote from: ReeseFerlautoI74/85 on February 26, 2016, 05:16:59 AM
85 is very important for me and you as drivers but what about I-95 in North Carolina?

SM-G360T1

It's important to the drive between the northeast to Florida, but for North Carolina in general, it's a highway they don't have much use for.
Don't forget the beaches!
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Zzonkmiles

So what is the construction about on I-85 around Henderson and Oxford just south of the Virginia state line? I didn't think the traffic volumes there were high enough to warrant widening the road there. Or are they trying to eliminate the left-hand exit to US-1 on I-85 south and the left-side merge from US-158 to I-85 north?

WashuOtaku

Quote from: Zzonkmiles on April 08, 2016, 05:23:44 PM
So what is the construction about on I-85 around Henderson and Oxford just south of the Virginia state line? I didn't think the traffic volumes there were high enough to warrant widening the road there. Or are they trying to eliminate the left-hand exit to US-1 on I-85 south and the left-side merge from US-158 to I-85 north?

I-85 in Vance and Warren counties was completed and open in 1960.  What they are doing is $137 million project to bring 20.6 miles of interstate up to modern Interstate standards.  This includes grading, drainage, paving, installation of guardrails and bridge replacement/preservation.

NJRoadfan

...and hopefully raising the speed limit to 70mph when they are done. They did a similar project on the segment south of there thru Oxford back in 2008-09.

ReeseFerlautoI74/85

This topic is no longer active and now dead because of a dispute with I-77 Mobility Partners and Toll Road fans. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If it is possible to cancel tolls on I-77, general purpose lanes should be the only option! In the words of Kurt Naas, 'complete and delete!'

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.