Antelope Wells, NM Port of Entry

Started by US 41, June 03, 2016, 09:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

Just curious, has anyone on this forum ever used this port of entry? I'm aware that it is open 8-4, 7 days per week. I guess it is the least used POE and only gets like 4 cars per day tops. I did read that Chihuahua finally paved the road from Antelope Wells down to Hwy 2. Is it possible to get permits (tourist and car) if you use this port of entry? It appears that there is (or was) an immigration station in Janos on MX 2. It also appears that there is (or was) a place to get a car permit south of Janos on MX 10 at this garita.

Does anyone know if those offices are still open? The streetview is from 2009 and I really haven't been able to find any info on either office. I'd like to eventually visit Paquime (Native American ruins) in Nuevo Casas Grandes and I'd really like to use the Antelope Wells P.O.E.

Thanks in advance for any info on this border crossing.

(Edited by andy3175 to add New Mexico state icon, since this POE is located at the south end of NM 81.)
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

usends

Four cars a day?!?  I'm surprised it's still considered worth the expense to keep it open.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

US 41

Quote from: usends on June 04, 2016, 10:04:35 AM
Four cars a day?!?  I'm surprised it's still considered worth the expense to keep it open.

The US Government just spent around $13M to upgrade the port of entry a couple of years ago, so I doubt this crossing will ever be shut down.

There's very little info on it online besides the fact that it is open 8AM - 4PM, 7 days per week. I just emailed the NMBorder Authority to see if they knew anything about getting permits in Mexico. I guess the Banjercito at the Janos Garita is open 8-4, Mon-Sat, as well. The migration place I saw in Janos on GSV I guess is actually a detention center for illegals that Mexico catches from Central America. It leads me to believe that you might be able to get the FMM at the Antelope Wells POE and you get the TIP south of Janos. I'll see what they say if they email me back.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.