News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Who has traveled on I-94?

Started by _Demote, July 19, 2016, 02:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

I will break it down by state
MT none of it
ND none of it
MN I-394 east to the WI state line
WI all of it
IL all of it
IN all of it
MI IN state line east to Metropolitan Parkway NE of Detroit

8.Lug

Been on it a bunch of times in Detroit, but never any real travel until I went to Seattle and took 94 pretty much the whole way. I still haven't been on the portion between Ann Arbor and Gary.
Contrary to popular belief, things are exactly as they seem.

SD Mapman

All of ND, a little bit of MT, and a little bit of MN.

However, I prefer I-90.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

TEG24601

I clinched the whole damn thing... several times over, including Port Huron to I-275 in Detroit.

They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

paulthemapguy

I've been on the section from I-694's eastern junction in Minnesota, east to the I-69 junction in Michigan, omitting the portion from Milwaukee to Madison.  Actually, I don't think I've driven the Bishop Ford either haha (between I-57 and I-80)
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

GaryV

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 22, 2016, 04:18:53 PM
I've been on the section from I-694's eastern junction in Minnesota, east to the I-69 junction in Michigan, ...
Which junction?  The one near Marshall or the one near Port Huron?

paulthemapguy

Quote from: GaryV on July 22, 2016, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 22, 2016, 04:18:53 PM
I've been on the section from I-694's eastern junction in Minnesota, east to the I-69 junction in Michigan, ...
Which junction?  The one near Marshall or the one near Port Huron?
The western one.  I went to Toronto once from Chicago and we bypassed Detroit at all costs.
Which now that you mention it, I've been to I-94's eastern couple of miles to get from I-69 to ON-402.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

JMAN_WiS&S

I have traveled at different times from the twin cities to madison and everywhere in between. I live a block away and can see traffic from my bedroom. I live right by the I-94/WI-93 In Eau Claire.
Youtube, Twitter, Flickr Username: JMAN.WiS&S
Instagram username: jman.wissotasirens-signals

I am not an official representative or spokesperson for WisDOT. Any views or opinions expressed are purely my own based on my work experiences and do not represent WisDOTs views or opinions.

TR69

I've covered I-94 from the Twin Cities to Madison and from Milwaukee to Gary, as well as from I-69 to Detroit.

My family used to live in Dolton, IL, just a couple dozen blocks from I-94.

peterj920

I've traveled it from the western terminus at I-90 in Lockwood, Mt to Detroit, MI.  Have not traveled between Detroit and the Canadian Border. 

Kacie Jane

I'm missing between the I-90 interchanges in Madison and Chicago, and east of Detroit.

Thing 342

ohroadscholar
tag42481
hoss6884
imgoph
along
bm7
duke87
froggie
klundgren
rebelgtp
tbwillie
regoarrarr
hurricanehink
bogdymol
snowedin
route56
kramer
gpw
terescoj
mojavenc
dave1693
synkdorbit
jonfmorse
ua747sp
justjake
jayhawkco
eidderf
vcap36
scott_stieglitz
lkefct
dfilpus
okroads
ssgtcrusty
happy5214
clark1mt
vespertine
lamsalfl
mc49399
niels
1995hoo
clong
JamesMD
yakra
wphiii
dylucktrocket
verumsolum
the_spui_ninja
pianocello130
mefailenglish
tikester
afarina
yipcoyote
pnrrth
codyg1985
julmac
lowenbrau
jweeks
bejacob
griffith
zzyzx
bickendan
sammi
quidditch33
master_son
keithcavey
oscar
bulldog1979
dcharlie
w9tam
wadsteckel
mapcat
extremebandman
neilbert
ntallyn
njroadhorse
jimvette
7_8
michih
norheim
mwasleski
sipes23
jackgaynor
mvak36
slorydn1
sbeaver44
johninkingwood
25or6to4
dnthrox
jeffm
dharwood
bhemphill
cabiness42
crosboro7
tckma
capn
drfrankenstein
mapmikey
presidentman

Rothman

Quote from: Thing 342 on July 23, 2016, 11:57:24 AM

ohroadscholar
tag42481
hoss6884
imgoph
along
bm7
duke87
froggie
klundgren
rebelgtp
tbwillie
regoarrarr
hurricanehink
bogdymol
snowedin
route56
kramer
gpw
terescoj
mojavenc
dave1693
synkdorbit
jonfmorse
ua747sp
justjake
jayhawkco
eidderf
vcap36
scott_stieglitz
lkefct
dfilpus
okroads
ssgtcrusty
happy5214
clark1mt
vespertine
lamsalfl
mc49399
niels
1995hoo
clong
JamesMD
yakra
wphiii
dylucktrocket
verumsolum
the_spui_ninja
pianocello130
mefailenglish
tikester
afarina
yipcoyote
pnrrth
codyg1985
julmac
lowenbrau
jweeks
bejacob
griffith
zzyzx
bickendan
sammi
quidditch33
master_son
keithcavey
oscar
bulldog1979
dcharlie
w9tam
wadsteckel
mapcat
extremebandman
neilbert
ntallyn
njroadhorse
jimvette
7_8
michih
norheim
mwasleski
sipes23
jackgaynor
mvak36
slorydn1
sbeaver44
johninkingwood
25or6to4
dnthrox
jeffm
dharwood
bhemphill
cabiness42
crosboro7
tckma
capn
drfrankenstein
mapmikey
presidentman

I wonder what order that list is in.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

triplemultiplex

With the exception of the north-south segment between downtown Minneapolis and the beltline, I've "traveled" I-94 from Billings, MT to Beton Harbor, MI (I-196).

I've driven Bismark to I-694 and I-494/694 to exit 30 in Benton Harbor (US 31 south).
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Buck87

Fargo to Madison
Milwaukee to Michigan City
Ann Arbor to Detroit

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

skluth

Everything except east of Ann Arbor and an itty-bitty section between downtown Minneapolis and the Beltline north.

CrossCountryRoads

I've driven all of I-94 except for the part between Port Huron and Detroit. I plan to finish that part off next year.

FrCorySticha

From the western terminus at Billings to the Indiana Toll Road. Some day I need to drive it NE of the Toll Road into Michigan and clinch the eastern terminus.

Buffaboy

Only a couple miles in downtown Chicago. I was on a tour bus.

Edit: also I-294 from Elmhurst to the ITR, which is also I-94 so I guess about 20 miles worth in total.
What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

I've been on a good deal of it, but not all.  I can specifically remember being on it between Tomah and Black River Falls (WI).  I've also been on it for a stretch between the 94/43 junction (south side of Milwaukee, WI) and Pleasant Prairie, WI.

When I was nine, we took a trip out west to SD/WY/ND, and I'm certain we got on somewhere in west or central ND and then, with the exception of stopping at the Mall of America, didn't get off 94 until US 10 or WI-21 or somewhere.  I don't exactly remember, though, considering I was nine and didn't really care much.

So in short, a good deal of it, but I haven't clinched it yet.  One of my goals is to clinch at least one Interstate, though.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

cbeach40

Done Port Huron to Chicago, Madison to Eau Claire, and from the Twin Cities to Fargo.
and waterrrrrrr!

Bickendan

MN 15 to WI 35
I-69 in Port Huron to Sarnia

I will be grabbing I-90 in Billings to MN 15 next week, including all the business loops.

kphoger

Quote from: OPWho has traveled on I-94?

A lot of people, apparently.

Next!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

theline

That's a really tough one for me, because I live close to I-94 (in South Bend). I've had many occasions to travel various parts of the route over the years, but rarely have I driven more than 50-100 miles in one stretch. Adding it all together, I think I've driven everything between Minneapolis and Detroit, except for the stretch between Madison and Oconomowoc. I went to a conference years ago at a resort in Oconomowoc, but I don't think I ever had a reason to go beyond that. We have traveled the Madison to Minneapolis portion, but got there via the Northwest Tollway (excuse me, the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.