Another unsigned Interstate bypass shows up on new 2017 Kappa Road Atlas?

Started by ACSCmapcollector, August 01, 2016, 08:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

I have noticed that another unsigned Interstate bypass shows up on a Kappa Road Atlas for the year of 2017, around the west, north, and east side of Birmingham, Alabama?  The 2017 Rand McNally Road Atlas doesn't show this at all.  Any comments?

Alex

Hahahahaha,  gotta love their map integrity.

Have no idea of who is running their production these days, but the qc'ing was minimal when I worked for them (when they were still Universal Map). Would have thought they would have given up on maps by now.

Brian556

Kappa should be called "Krappa". Their maps are pure garbage. They bought out Mapsco, the best quality local maps ever produced, and turned them into rubbish.

formulanone

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 01, 2016, 08:46:09 PM
I have noticed that another unsigned Interstate bypass shows up on a Kappa Road Atlas for the year of 2017, around the west, north, and east side of Birmingham, Alabama?  The 2017 Rand McNally Road Atlas doesn't show this at all.  Any comments?

Quote from: dfwmapper on August 01, 2016, 09:56:09 PM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2731.0

Saved you a click:
I-22 (mostly complete, finished 65/22 connection in June)
I-422 (proposed loop, barely anything started yet)
I-222 (proposed spur-ish route...why?)

froggie

QuoteI-222 (proposed spur-ish route...why?)

Topography prevented a direct 22/422 interchange.

Alex

Quote from: Brian556 on August 02, 2016, 01:36:11 AM
Kappa should be called "Krappa". Their maps are pure garbage. They bought out Mapsco, the best quality local maps ever produced, and turned them into rubbish.

And American Map Company, ADC, etc. Yup, I use that nickname for them too.

Brian556

Basically nobody makes good maps these days.

Even Rand McNally is bad. Their city maps are made by a third party company. Their Dallas map is awful. It includes highway designations that were eliminated as long ago as 1961.

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 01, 2016, 08:46:09 PM

Saved you a click:
I-22 (mostly complete, finished 65/22 connection in June)
I-422 (proposed loop, barely anything started yet)
I-222 (proposed spur-ish route...why?)
I-22 as of June is done, but it's still not fully done. I-269 interchange with I-22 isn't open.
I-422 construction has started between AL 75/AL 79, and yes will Bypass Birmingham to the northwest, and a proposed extension past I-59 to I-20 near Moody is proposed.
I-222 will connect I-22 and I-422 due to topography.

I hope that clarified some things :)
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.