News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Longest Interstate Clinched NON-STOP??

Started by thenetwork, September 18, 2016, 09:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

Probably I-68...if the "rules" allow a 5-minute stopover at the W.V. welcome center. If not, then only I-684. :-/
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

MikeTheActuary

My longest nonstop clinch: I-22 (213 miles).

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: ukfan758 on January 13, 2017, 11:14:32 AM
I-265 in KY/IN, about 37 miles.

The section between I-65 and i-71 does not yet carry the I-265 designation.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jeffandnicole

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 25, 2017, 08:34:20 AM
Probably I-68...if the "rules" allow a 5-minute stopover at the W.V. welcome center. If not, then only I-684. :-/

Quote from: thenetwork on September 18, 2016, 09:02:59 PM
What is the longest interstate that you clinched COMPLETELY in one non-stop trip? 

"Non-Stop" is defined as completing the entire trip:

- Remaining on the main carriageway
- No Exiting/Entering the interstate mid-stream
- No rest break, food stop, potty break, refuel,...

Thus, the rules do not permit a stop of any length, not to mention since you pulled back on downsteam of where you pulled off, for purposes of this thread you didn't clinch that approximate 1/4 mile of highway.

JMoses24

I-68 would be the longest, but I clinched I-471 in KY/OH as a passenger more often than I care to count when I used to live in KY and had to go to Cincinnati Children's.

michravera

Quote from: JMoses24 on April 25, 2017, 12:33:37 PM
I-68 would be the longest, but I clinched I-471 in KY/OH as a passenger more often than I care to count when I used to live in KY and had to go to Cincinnati Children's.

I pretty much do I-205, I-505, I-980, and [duck] I-238 nonstop every time that I drive on them. The same usually happens with I-210 and I-605. Back when it was I-15E (and maybe a few times since), I did I-215 nonstop almost by accident. I believe that I have done I-805 nonstop.
I usually miss just the southern(eastern)most  parts of I-280 and I-880 (missing southern 6 km because I live on it), but often drive them to their north ends, but I have definitely cliched both of them nonstop.

UCFKnights

I've done I-4 (both directions)...

Reading this thread, I can't believe how "impressive" it is to do a non-stop 3 or 400 mile trip. I frequently go 300+ miles without stopping, and I don't need to hold it in badly or anything. A few small snacks, a few bottles of water, and going to the bathroom before I leave and I can go 5 hours without a problem. I also have a hatred of public restrooms and using them is a last resort. It also drives me nuts when I do a road trip with others and someone's gotta go to the bathroom every hour. If there's no other reason to stop, I feel people should be able to last a minimum of every 2 hours easily.

jakeroot

Quote from: UCFKnights on May 03, 2017, 11:54:00 PM
Reading this thread, I can't believe how "impressive" it is to do a non-stop 3 or 400 mile trip. I frequently go 300+ miles without stopping, and I don't need to hold it in badly or anything. A few small snacks, a few bottles of water, and going to the bathroom before I leave and I can go 5 hours without a problem. I also have a hatred of public restrooms and using them is a last resort. It also drives me nuts when I do a road trip with others and someone's gotta go to the bathroom every hour. If there's no other reason to stop, I feel people should be able to last a minimum of every 2 hours easily.

You may have unknowingly trained yourself to last that long. Up to a point, "having to piss" is entirely mental. At some point, it becomes physically dangerous, but that initial urge to piss can be subdued with the right mental training.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jakeroot on May 04, 2017, 04:44:59 AM

You may have unknowingly trained yourself to last that long. Up to a point, "having to piss" is entirely mental. At some point, it becomes physically dangerous, but that initial urge to piss can be subdued with the right mental training.

I always liked to stop every 2-2.5 hours on an Interstate.  Bathroom breaks aside my left feet starts to fall asleep if I'm on anything where I have cruise control on for too long.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 04, 2017, 08:06:31 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 04, 2017, 04:44:59 AM

I always liked to stop every 2-2.5 hours on an Interstate.  Bathroom breaks aside my left feet starts to fall asleep if I'm on anything where I have cruise control on for too long.
3 hours is my max.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on May 04, 2017, 01:18:43 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 04, 2017, 08:06:31 AM
my left feet

freak of nature

Meant foot, resting on the dead pedal is what does it....although there might be some irony to that typo considering recent injuries.  Kind of makes me want to get a stick whenever I buy a new daily driver again one of these days, sure won't solve the rental car issue though.

cpzilliacus

Probably I-476 (Blue Route and N.E. Extension of Pennsylvania Turnpike).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

catsynth

I-405 in CA
which just edges out I-495 in NY

(I'm pretty sure eastern I-86 included a potty break, so it wouldn't qualify ;) )
http://www.catsynth.com
Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

Completed 2di: I-80, I-87 (NY), I-84 (E), I-86 (E), I-97, I-44

Tonytone

I-76 All the way to Johnstown 211 Miles. (I Shun-piked on the way back to De.  :bigass:
Promoting Cities since 1998!

davewiecking

I didn't realize that driving on the PA Tpk was shunpiking; which higher cost road were you avoiding?

Tonytone

Quote from: davewiecking on May 07, 2017, 08:30:29 AM
I didn't realize that driving on the PA Tpk was shunpiking; which higher cost road were you avoiding?
I didnt use I-76 on the way back, I used US-1 & US-40 Also somewhere on I-76 where the speed limit is the great & almighty 70MPH there are tollbooths & depending from where you go you can pay $11-20 U.S Dollars

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

jeffandnicole

Still short compared to many others, but I clinched I-495 in NY nonstop yesterday; 71 miles. The WB tunnel tube was closed for construction; the EB tube was running 1 lane in each direction.

JJBers

• I-395 (CT-MA)
  • I-684 (NY)
  • I-290 (MA)
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

7/8

Currently, it's I-495 in Delaware (only 17.56 km or 10.91 miles). In a month from now, I might do I-696 in one go, which would be 46.20 km or 28.71 miles.

fillup420

I-485, 67 mile beltway around Charlotte.

kkt

Buck87

My previous entry to this thread was the 12.41 mile I-280 in Ohio

Though on Monday I just barely topped that by non-stop clinching the 14.88 mile I-474 in Illinois

plain

I-16, the lamest 2+ hours I've ever experienced outside of Texas
Newark born, Richmond bred

JJBers

Quote from: JJBers on May 31, 2017, 06:45:02 PM

• I-395 (CT-MA)
  • I-684 (NY)
  • I-290 (MA)
Actually I clinched both I-395 and I-290 in one trip, amounting to around 86 miles
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.