News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

TX: I-35E New Lewisville Lake Bridge Already Crumbling

Started by Brian556, January 05, 2017, 02:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Looking at the picture, it looks like the deck separated from the abutment where the bridge meets the ground, and I suspect that traffic going over the gap caused the concrete to crumble. This bridge is brand new, and the project is not even complete. The pic is in the northbound lanes at the north end of the bridge. This happened yesterday evening at rush hour.

http://www.fox4news.com/traffic/227130316-story

AlexandriaVA

Citing a post from another thread (bolds are mine)...at least back east, we don't pretend our crappy highways are anything special  :sombrero:

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on August 15, 2016, 02:58:00 PM
Quote from: AlexandriaVA on August 15, 2016, 02:49:36 PM
No way you could ever justify the expense for such a dumb project. Just accept the fact that rural interstates are going to have a lot of compromises when it comes to standards and road design. My freeway, 395, is definitely not up to modern Interstate standards but nobody grips about it.

QuoteHigh Quality Interstates are something that Texas should be proud of.

They're roads...not your kids. I don't see how one becomes proud of a road.

You wouldn't understand unless you are from Texas.

The Ghostbuster

Can't anyone build infrastructure right the first time?

Bobby5280

At least China would have some excuse for brand new roads or bridges crumbling. They're paying between 5 and 10 percent of what the United States is spending on highway roads and bridges. Their $150 million bridge over there costs a billion or two here. What's our excuse?

longhorn

I imagine some company is about to do some "free" warranty work.

bjrush

Sounds like it's within warranty. Nothing to see here, happens all the time
Woo Pig Sooie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.