News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Sounds or gestures you make upon saying certain words

Started by bandit957, April 14, 2017, 11:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Do you make certain sounds or gestures every time you say certain words?

Every time I say the word 'inflation' (as in money losing its value), I gesture as if I'm inflating a balloon.

Before I say 'ruin', I always make a "keek!" sound and a gesture like I'm breaking something in half.

Every time I say 'artillery', I go "doo doo doo doo deet doot!" It's from an old commercial for the postal service.

Every time I say 'congested' as in traffic congestion, I sniffle like it has to do with nasal congestion.

Every time I mention a famous person named Ernie, Bert, Grover, Oscar, or Elmo, I say their first name in a voice that mimics their respective 'Sesame Street' character.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Max Rockatansky

kphoger

I mouth the word while also making the sound of the word.

Actually... I sometimes notice myself making some sort of hand gesture to go along with a word or phrase, then pause in what I'm saying to inform the other person "this [insert stupid motion] is sign language for [insert word or phrase].
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

With a middle finger extended, some version/variety of the word "fuck".
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.