News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

No clinche.

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 05, 2017, 11:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Have any of you not clinched any roads?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

freebrickproductions

Pretty much the vast majority of all highways for me.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

7/8

Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 06, 2017, 12:03:19 AM

I think the OP was asking if anyone hasn't clinched a single road in their lifetime. I would guess on a roadgeek forum, that would be quite unlikely. Even non-roadgeeks likely have multiple 3di clinches or other short highways.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 7/8 on May 06, 2017, 12:19:00 AM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 06, 2017, 12:03:19 AM

I think the OP was asking if anyone hasn't clinched a single road in their lifetime. I would guess on a roadgeek forum, that would be quite unlikely. Even non-roadgeeks likely have multiple 3di clinches or other short highways.
Your think has been confirmed.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alex

Posting just for the sake of posting...

hotdogPi

How about changing the question: "In which locations would it be likely that the average person has not clinched any routes?"

I was thinking parts of Quebec, as their routes are relatively long. (Excluded: areas with a 3-digit Autoroute)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

CNGL-Leudimin

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

jeffandnicole

I clinched the street in live on.

SectorZ

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 06, 2017, 09:09:27 PM
I clinched the street in live on.

I actually haven't, but it's a dead end on two sides so I have very little reason to go to the other side of it in my car.

pumpkineater2

I honestly can't think of any roads I haven't clinched. I've driven the full length of pretty much every highway in existence at this point, including and not including those in Alanland.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

signalman

I've never clinched any route.  In fact, I make sure to leave at least one missing segment on every route I drive, because roadgeek.  If anyone believes that to be true of me or any other roadgeek, please PM me about ocean-front property in Nevada that I have for sale. 

In all seriousness, I'm just posting a bunch of bullshit in an inane topic.

LM117

Those tacos I had last night has turned my ass into a WMD, but other than that, I'm good. :coffee:
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

intelati49

Never have I never clinched an entire national highway (Interstate or US highway) (I have statewise though). I have at least one whole clinch for Missouri (MO465)

formulanone

I think there's a topic about "roads you cannot possibly clinch" or are "impossible to clinch", but I can't find it.

Otherwise, this is pointless. May as well be ...Pizzas you haven't eaten yet?

jeffandnicole

Quote from: formulanone on May 11, 2017, 10:04:11 AM
I think there's a topic about "roads you cannot possibly clinch" or are "impossible to clinch", but I can't find it.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12746.0

kphoger

Quote from: formulanone on May 11, 2017, 10:04:11 AM

Otherwise, this is pointless. May as well be ...Pizzas you haven't eaten yet?

No, the analogous thread would be Has anyone never eaten a pizza?

By the way, this thread topic looks Spanish.  It would be the third-person singular negative imperative form of clinchar–which unfortunately does not exist.  Change only one letter, however, and the sentence No chinche would mean Don't bug.  This is appropriate, since not clinching a highway might bug you.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.