News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Highest-profile construction projects in the US this summer

Started by chays, May 24, 2017, 11:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chays

I'm doing some research to gather information on the highest profile construction projects that will impact tourism and casual travel over the next several months.

These projects can be new or ongoing, and should be high profile.

Several examples I've thought of thus far:
-I-4 ultimate, impacting the huge summer-season influx of tourists all throughout Central Florida.
-PCH closures in California (while not construction, these impact travel and tourism significantly).

What else can anyone think of?

ukfan758

US-290 in Houston. They're rebuilding, widening, adding an HOV/HOT lane, and upgrading several interchanges from the West/North Loop (610) to a couple miles past the Grand Parkway.

coldshoulder

Interstate 80 widening project in Mahoning and Trumbull counties in eastern Ohio, near Youngstown.  This is a heavily traveled section that is adding a third lane in each direction, with the entire existing road base being rebuilt and replaced from the ground up in addition to adding the third lane.  Entrance and exit ramps are also being completely rebuilt.  Construction started in 2016, is continuing in earnest this spring and summer, and is set to wrap up in 2018.

There have been several major accidents along this construction stretch, as it carries a heavy volume of truck/tractor-trailer traffic, and is a major east-west connector from New York and Pennsylvania to the Ohio Turnpike, just west of the widening construction area.  Ramp closures and subsequent detours have added to the frustration of local residents.

The construction zone starts at OH-46 from the west and continues to OH-193 at the eastern end. 
You're just like crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down
And I got better things on the other side of town

wanderer2575

Replacement of the I-75 bridge deck over the Rouge River southwest of Detroit.  Southbound I-75 is detoured until December 2018.

mapman1071

I-10 Phoenix 43rd Ave (Exit 140) to 67th Avenue (Exit 137)
Construction of Interchange for I-10/AZ Loop 202
Construction of Frontage Roads
Reconstruction of 59th Avenue Interchange
Utility prep on North Side of I-10 for Future Valley Metro Light Rail Line

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.