News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bike MS Tour De Farms 2017 Video

Started by inkyatari, June 13, 2017, 09:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyatari

I was involved in Bike MS Tour De Farms in DeKalb, Illinois this past weekend (June 10 & 11, 2017), and took quite a lot of photos and video.  I compiled all my Ion AirPro 3 cam recordings into an hour long video. I dunno if the footage will be interesting to anyone, but there's some good stuff.

The wind was coming out of the southwest, with gusts of 35 MPH in the afternoon each day. I started on the 75 mile route on Saturday, but after lunch, decided to return on the 50 mile route. By cutting off, I should have been at around 60 miles.  Alas, since I was now in the heat of the afternoon, riding south directly into the wind, I was only able to get halfway.  I had a SAG (supplies and gear) wagon bring me back to the Northern Illinois University Convocation Center (start of the ride.)  I was still able to get 47 miles in.

Sunday,the routes all headed south, so I was able to knock out all the horrible wind before lunch.  After having lunch at the high school in Waterman, IL, the wind pushed me back to NIU almost the entire way. I did stop at the final rest stop, because I was still hurting a little from the previous day, but I did make it back all the way.

It was a fun weekend, with the exception of having to sleep in my car Saturday night because the winds broke my tent that same day.  Oh yeah, free Goose Island beer at NIU on Saturday after you got back. 

Without further ado...

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.