News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Chewing used wads of gum

Started by bandit957, September 10, 2017, 06:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 27, 2017, 04:54:35 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 25, 2017, 10:48:26 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on September 25, 2017, 08:58:13 AM
My wife actually found (in a dollar store of course,) a plastic reusable ear swab. 

Used it once.  Not a good idea to use them at all. 

No, it's not. You're actually not supposed to put Q-Tips (or really anything at all) in your ear, either, due to the risk of damaging one's eardrum and/or impacting wax in the ear canal. I know this after I had to go to urgent care to get a double ear infection treated last year. (Yeah, that was painful and it sucked. I also learned that amoxicillin gives me a horribly itchy rash.)

In short: Don't stick stuff into your ears.
How about a themomater?
I'm pretty sure that's only for dogs.

Also, why is this thread still going? Are we even on the original topic anymore?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

inkyatari

Quote from: freebrickproductions on September 28, 2017, 02:44:51 AM

Also, why is this thread still going?

Quote from: Tom Servo

It's because of physics.

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

bandit957

Also, why is this thread still going?

Because it bips.

QuoteAre we even on the original topic anymore?

If poo.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

US71

Also, why is this thread still going? Are we even on the original topic anymore?

Because it's Tim ?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Roadgeekteen

My wife actually found (in a dollar store of course,) a plastic reusable ear swab. 

No, it's not. You're actually not supposed to put Q-Tips (or really anything at all) in your ear, either, due to the risk of damaging one's eardrum and/or impacting wax in the ear canal. I know this after I had to go to urgent care to get a double ear infection treated last year. (Yeah, that was painful and it sucked. I also learned that amoxicillin gives me a horribly itchy rash.)

How about a themomater?

Earplugs are put in ears.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 28, 2017, 09:54:02 PM

How about a themomater?

Don't put a Ford Pinto in your ear.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 29, 2017, 02:36:26 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 28, 2017, 09:54:02 PM

How about a themomater?

Don't put a Ford Pinto in your ear.
I have a feeling you know that from experience... :bigass:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Scott5114

Oh, no, that's just basic mathematics.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

adventurernumber1

Aside from the few serious things said such as MNHighwayMan's double ear infection,

This thread has been amusing to say the least.  :-D

For my two cents on chewing used wads of gum, I've never done it, but the thought of the act reminds me of the character Violet Beauregarde from the Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory movie.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on September 29, 2017, 12:10:07 PM
Aside from the few serious things said such as MNHighwayMan's double ear infection

I mean, you could've used some of the infected ear wax as chewing gum X-( :bigass:

inkyatari

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 29, 2017, 11:34:27 AM
Oh, no, that's just basic mathematics.

Heh.  Reminds me of an article from The Straight Dope...

"I think my roommate is having sex with his cat.  Can you explain the biological reasons why a person can't get a cat pregnant?"

"Yeah, it's the same reason you can't park a Cadillac in the closet, you bozo."
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

jakeroot

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 29, 2017, 12:15:53 PM
Aside from the few serious things said such as MNHighwayMan's double ear infection

I mean, you could've used some of the infected ear wax as chewing gum

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 29, 2017, 12:15:53 PM

I mean, you could've used some of the infected ear wax as chewing gum X-( :bigass:
I can't even...
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

Y'know, I think we've gone about as far as we can go here. Time to say "Good night, Gracie"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.