News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recycled Road Signs

Started by KEK Inc., March 22, 2013, 07:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kacie Jane

Quote from: Mr. Matté on June 09, 2013, 06:46:24 PM

Thanks to the photo quality, I'm pretty gosh-darn (but not 100%) sure that the 2 is on top, but I don't know how I'd be expected to figure that out driving past, even at only 25 mph.

DSS5

There's some road work signs for some work going on in my town, and I swear there are at least 10 layers of orange tape on it.

mjb2002

Barnwell County's Public Works Department (now called the Engineering Department) used to recycle their old Street Name signs. They won't be able to do that anymore as the sign blanks and lettering of the signs now fall below the new minimum requirements.

TR69

"Slow" (or, perhaps "slaw"?  :awesomeface: ) sign repurposed to a stop sign. Middletown, KY.

Brian556

That's supposed to be a flagger paddle.

formulanone

Some sign recycling near the Tugaloo River on an old alignment of US 123, near the Georgia-South Carolina border:

ColossalBlocks

They took both them down and replaced them, and i can't find pictures, but they recycled a mile marker off I-55 and used it as a traffic light street sign, and they used an old US-67 shield for a US 61 shield.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

7/8

It appears that this service sign on Hwy 85 SB just off the Northfield on-ramp was placed on top of an old exit sign. You can see part of the original sign on the bottom left:

The GSV from Oct 2015 doesn't have the bottom-left tab section fallen off

This GSV image from the side shows the two layers of signage

US71

Not sure if this counts as "recycled" per se, but it's been renumbered several times.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

briantroutman

Quote from: US71 on April 22, 2017, 12:27:29 PM
Not sure if this counts as "recycled" per se, but it's been renumbered several times.

Perhaps more than just renumbered–I see the ghost of a circle underneath the Missouri shield. Perhaps this is a contractor's sign that had originally been used as an Iowa or Kentucky route marker then re-skinned for Missouri (where that company also operates)?

freebrickproductions

Since this is the more current thread, I'll just leave these here. Pass With Care -> Speed Limit 30 -> Speed Limit 5 at the Post Office in Brownsboro, AL, likely supplied by Madison County:
Re-used signs by freebrickproductions, on Flickr

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

vtk

What'd you do, unbend the signpost?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.