US, State or County Routes that are not Signed thru cities or National Parks?

Started by mapman1071, September 10, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapman1071

What Numbered US, State or County Routes that are not Signed thru cities or National Parks?
For example:

AZ 64 (South Segment) Starts/Ends at South Boundary of Grand Canyon National Park & (East Segment) Starts/Ends at East Boundary of Grand Canyon National Park *Signed In Park as "To AZ 64 South" & "To AZ 64 East"*

AZ 87 (South Segment) Starts/Ends At Chandler City Line & (North Segment) Starts/Ends At Mesa City Line/AZ Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. *Signed as AZ 87 in 1/4 Section At AZ Loop 202 San Tan Freeway Chandler & US 60 Superstition Freeway Mesa*

Max Rockatansky

Aren't signed or don't exist in National Parks?  US 34 would be an example of an route that exists but isn't signed on the Trail Ridge Road of Rocky Mountain National Park.

Obviously ADOT doesn't maintain Desert View Drive.  That said I'd dispute that AZ 64 is completely unsigned within Grand Canyon National Park this sign is located near Desert View:

IMG_1260 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Near Bright Angle Point:

IMG_1323 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 120 doesn't exist within Yosemite National Park but it is implied to exist on the Tioga Pass Road:

120CAe by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

If you're looking for State Routes that are unsigned in Cities the Bay Area has a lot of them.  CA 130 technically exists under local maintenance on Alum Rock Avenue in San Jose.  Both CA 114 and CA 109 exist unsigned in East Palo Alto.  Regarding AZ 87 I believe it has been completely relinquished in Mesa.

TheHighwayMan3561

The routes through Yellowstone (20, 89, 191, 287?) have gaps.

US 441 is not signed through Great Smoky Mountains, which I believe was partly done to discourage truckers.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

US 89

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on September 11, 2018, 12:01:36 AM
The routes through Yellowstone (20, 89, 191, 287?) have gaps.

US 20, 89, 191, and 287 all officially do not exist in Yellowstone, but they continue through on implied routes. US 14, 16, and 212 all end at the Park boundary, but one could argue that they extend on implied routes to end at a junction with another implied route.

As another example, UT 9 does not exist officially within Zion National Park. I'm pretty sure it isn't signed in there either, though I haven't been down there in a while.

hbelkins

KY 70 does not exist through Mammoth Cave National Park. The state does not own nor maintain the route through the park that connects to KY 70 on either side. At one time the state may have controlled the road, but now it's strictly NPS.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.