News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Another Tulsa Turnpike?

Started by Scott5114, April 21, 2010, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Thanks to David Backlin for the tip.
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12343638

And in another installment of People Who Comment On News Sites' Road Articles Are Ignorant, we give you this:
Quote from: Rex from Broken Arrow
it will also give easy access in and out of neighborhoods for the gangbangers wanting to shoot another gangbanger and or innocent bystander for only a couple of dollars toll fee.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

corco

QuotePeople Who Comment On News Sites' Road Articles Are Ignorant

Fixed that for you  :-P

okroads

If this goes through, I predict it will be called the Gilcrease Turnpike. Connecting the 2 ends of the Gilcrease (I-44/I-244 to U.S. 75/OK 11) has been planned for a long time now; it does not surprise me that it may be tolled to get it done.

bugo

They mention it ending at I-44.  Does this mean the current 2 lane Gilcrease Expressway between 41st and 51st will become tolled?  The road is built as 2 lanes of a future freeway.  And there's a short section that is a full freeway.  Maybe the turnpike will actually begin at 41st Street.  

Here is an aerial of the current southern section of the Gilcrease.  

Alps

Quote from: corco on April 21, 2010, 01:05:40 PM
QuotePeople Who Comment On News Sites' Road Articles Are Ignorant

Fixed that for you  :-P
Fixed again.

rte66man

May be political problems if the 41st to 51st part is tolled. That was built so traffic to the TCC West campus could get there w/o having to drive all over creation.  Higher Ed has a lot of political powere here in OK.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.