News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What should Android "O" be called?

Started by Pink Jazz, October 27, 2016, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I previously did a thread asking what the names for Android versions from N through Z should be called. In June, Android N was officially named Nougat by Google.

The next letter of the alphabet is O. So, I decided I should make a thread focusing on the name for Android O.

My main pick for an "O" name would be Android Orange Crush. However, if Google can't get a licensing deal with the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, my backup choice would be Android Orange Soda.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DaBigE

Keeping with Google's apparent treat naming theme:
Oreo, Oatmeal cookie, Orange Sherbet

My top pick would be Oreo, despite being a trademark (they already did KitKat, so it can't be that much of an issue).
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

english si

Quote from: Pink Jazz on October 27, 2016, 02:01:40 PMMy main pick for an "O" name would be Android Orange Crush. However, if Google can't get a licensing deal with the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, my backup choice would be Android Orange Soda.
Kel might love Orange soda, but the android naming convention has no drinks. You have cakes/cookies, ice cream, confectionary

Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat
Quote from: DaBigE on October 27, 2016, 03:18:26 PM
About the only possible choices.

There's also:
  • Opera, which is a french patisserie, and a rival product.
  • Othellolagkage - a Danish black-and-white cake
  • Oponki, an alternative (and seemingly rare) name for a Polish cake.
  • Ontbijtkoek - a Dutch loaf cake
  • Orange <some form of candy/cake/whatever> - things flavoured with orange that fit the naming scheme
Looks like Oreo from here, with perhaps 'Oatie' or something as a backup.

roadman

How about - Oh great, another pointless upgrade.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Pink Jazz

Quote from: english si on October 27, 2016, 03:56:04 PM
Quote from: Pink Jazz on October 27, 2016, 02:01:40 PMMy main pick for an "O" name would be Android Orange Crush. However, if Google can't get a licensing deal with the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, my backup choice would be Android Orange Soda.
Kel might love Orange soda, but the android naming convention has no drinks. You have cakes/cookies, ice cream, confectionary

Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat
Quote from: DaBigE on October 27, 2016, 03:18:26 PM
About the only possible choices.

There's also:

• Opera, which is a french patisserie, and a rival product.
  • Othellolagkage - a Danish black-and-white cake
  • Oponki, an alternative (and seemingly rare) name for a Polish cake.
  • Ontbijtkoek - a Dutch loaf cake
  • Orange <some form of candy/cake/whatever> - things flavoured with orange that fit the naming scheme
Looks like Oreo from here, with perhaps 'Oatie' or something as a backup.

It doesn't matter if it is a drink or not; all what matters is if it is sweet.

corco

jeffandnicole

corco

3web

android hOpe fully it dOesnt blOw up!  :-D

(this is a joke, i know that it wasn't androids fault)
Who knows where the road goes? Of course! Google maps!

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman

Quote from: kphoger on October 27, 2016, 10:55:56 PM
Ovaltine
And the secret message will read "Be sure to replace your perfectly good phone with the latest model.  We need your money!"
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

slorydn1

Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.