News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I have some strange health problems

Started by bandit957, November 06, 2016, 09:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Does anyone else here have so many weird health problems? Some of them can be serious if untreated, but a lot of them are really only aesthetic.

Here's a few conditions or anomalies I have...

- Strabismus (crossed eyes). But I refuse to get regular glasses.

- Hypothyroidism (potentially serious but now under control).

- Blisters on the top of each of my feet that have lasted since I was preschool age and have been blistering and scabbing for 40 years. They scab more than Mark Gastineau!

- Permanent acne scarring.

- Dyslexia.

- Punk rocker teeth (defined as crooked teeth that look cool) and an associated asymmetrical crossbite.

- Five missing teeth, including one broken off at the gum line from being punched in the jaw in high school. I haven't had the tooth replaced in 28 years.

- TMJ disorder (not caused by punk rocker teeth). My doctor recommended chewing bubble gum to treat it.

I have some other health issues that are far more serious, but the above is a sampling of the stuff that's either minor or under control.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kphoger

Anyone else immediately guess the author by the title?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

Quote from: kphoger on November 06, 2016, 04:52:43 PM
Anyone else immediately guess the author by the title?

Whodathunkit. BTW, to the OP, TMI, way TFMI.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Max Rockatansky

Could be worse, you could have Ass Burgers. 

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

US 81

Nearly all studies associate gum-chewing with exacerbation of TMJ.

bandit957

Quote from: US 81 on November 07, 2016, 04:58:25 AM
Nearly all studies associate gum-chewing with exacerbation of TMJ.

That's what a lot of websites say, but my doctor actually recommended bubble gum to treat TMJ. Except she just called it gum, not bubble gum. Despite this advice, I didn't increase my gum intake, because I don't feel like walking around town and constantly blowing gigantic bubbles, because I'm not a baseball player. And everyone knows gum is wasted unless you bubble with it.

Recently, I ate an entire chewy pretzel at a festival at the height of a TMJ flare-up, and it didn't seem to worsen it.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

CNGL-Leudimin

I have the strange feeling all my disease-related proposals in the 'Threads you'll never see in AARoads' thread will eventually be created by bandit957 :sombrero:.

As you may already know, I find anything named Pearson a bit inadequate since I befriended a little kid who unfortunately suffered from the rare syndrome of the same name. At one point he also got amblyopia (a.k.a. a lazy eye), as I saw him with a patch over his right eye I had not seen the previous time (four months before). I asked him what happened to his eye, and he answered 'hurts' (Or whatever little kids say when something hurts them, that would be the direct translation of pupa which is what the child answered me).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

sparker

DandyDan

You should try having SMA syndrome once.  It ruined my life for nearly a year before I got diagnosed properly.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.