News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Actress Carrie Fisher dies at 60

Started by LM117, December 27, 2016, 01:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM117

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

QuoteCarrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars"˜ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to PEOPLE on behalf of Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd:

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,"  reads the statement.

"She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly,"  says Lourd. "Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.

She is survived by her mom Reynolds, daughter Lourd and beloved French bulldog, Gary.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

US 41

R.I.P.

I'm curious on how they plan on "killing her off" in either Star Wars ep. 8 or 9.

Since Star Wars is owned by Disney now and I am about 100% convinced that Kylo Ren will be redeemed at some point, I'm pretty confident that they can use this to bring him back from the dark side. Like the First Order will probably attack and blow up a ship Leia is on and Kylo Ren will "wake up" and realize how evil the First Order is and how he has lost everything because of it. He'll become a Jedi again, joining Luke and Rey, and they will defeat the First Order and Snoke. I also guess that they'll kill off Luke Skywalker at some point in ep 9.   

That's my guess. It's seems logical anyways.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 41 on December 27, 2016, 01:38:33 PM
R.I.P.

I'm curious on how they plan on "killing her off" in either Star Wars ep. 8 or 9.

Since Star Wars is owned by Disney now and I am about 100% convinced that Kylo Ren will be redeemed at some point, I'm pretty confident that they can use this to bring him back from the dark side. Like the First Order will probably attack and blow up a ship Leia is on and Kylo Ren will "wake up" and realize how evil the First Order is and how he has lost everything because of it. He'll become a Jedi again, joining Luke and Rey, and they will defeat the First Order and Snoke. I also guess that they'll kill off Luke Skywalker at some point in ep 9.   

That's my guess. It's seems logical anyways.

I venture a guess some CGI will be used to fill the gaps for Episode 8.  Don't forget they used it for more than a couple "throw back" characters in Rogue One.

Regardless still surprising news, not in a good way either. 

spooky

I believe filming was already complete on Episode VIII.

US 41

Quote from: spooky on December 27, 2016, 03:04:30 PM
I believe filming was already complete on Episode VIII.

I think you're right. They apparently start filming for Episode 9 in April, so they have a little bit of time to figure out what they are going to do I guess.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

SP Cook

Episode 8, with Ms. Fisher, completed filming last July.    There is no reliable summary of the plot that has been leaked yet, so her centrality to Episode 9, which will be filmed this year, is unknown.

My guess is that she is never planed to be that central to the story and can be written out fairly easily.

kkt

Man.  Only 60.  2016 sucks.

RIP, Ms. Fisher.  Thanks for putting a little style into Leia.
"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?"

1995hoo

Shouldn't this thread be called "Where were you when Princess Leia died?"? :bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 28, 2016, 07:30:52 AM
Shouldn't this thread be called "Where were you when Princess Leia died?"? :bigass:

Only difference between this and Mr. Hooper is that Princess Leia hasn't died in-universe with Star Wars yet.  I thought that there was way too much foreshadowing that Han was going to die throughout Force Awakens on top of the hardcore fandom that was speculating it would happen before the movie was released. 

Speaking of that, when the hell did Star Wars see a renaissance with the fandom that was once only reserved for the more niche stuff like Star Trek?  I seem to recall the original Star Wars trilogy being more approachable to everyone and didn't require you to be a geek or nerd.  With the prequel trilogy it seemed like Star Wars kind of lost some of the things that made the original movies so approachable.  All the levity that the original movies had was gone and it was all about the story....for good or bad. 

Funny how the Star Trek franchise gradually evolved into something probably more approachable to the casual viewer over time, especially after the 2009 movie.  As much as I have enjoyed the last two Star Wars movies I feel like I have to wait 2-3 weeks to go see them just to avoid the "super nerd" crowd that is on their 8th watch whereas I can go into a Star Trek movie the first week out and have a good time.

Regardless, its too bad about the news about Carrie Fisher. 

bing101

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carrie-fisher-bipolar-disorder-addiction-mental-health-stigma/

Carrie Fisher's mental health issues and drug issues are now coming into play as her death is being announced.

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: bing101 on December 28, 2016, 05:00:55 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carrie-fisher-bipolar-disorder-addiction-mental-health-stigma/

Carrie Fisher's mental health issues and drug issues are now coming into play as her death is being announced.

I'm surprised it took so long for a news source to bring that up.  Suffice to say she wasn't exactly the bastion of good health with all the drug usage. 

bing101

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bing101

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38455777

More news outlets are now confirming the death of Debbie Reynolds 1932-2016.

LM117

Yep. Apparently, Debbie grieved herself to death.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-me-debbie-reynolds-20161228-story.html

QuoteReynold's son Todd told ABC Eyewitness News that his mother was under stress over the death of her daughter and suffered a stroke at her home at about noon. Reynolds told him she missed her daughter and wanted to be with her.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bing101

jeffandnicole

QuoteMuch of the footage for "Bright Lights"  was shot about a year ago.

Very fortunate timing they got that footage a while ago, and plenty of time before the film was due to be released to add in the current situation.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jeffandnicole

Quote from: US71 on December 29, 2016, 12:25:30 PM
Quote from: bing101 on December 29, 2016, 10:55:41 AM
https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/debbie-reynolds-carrie-fisher-bright-lights-hbo-documentary-1201949513/

And now an HBO movie about them was going to be released in 2017.

Someone looking for a fast $$?

If you read the story (and what I quoted just above), the movie has been in planning and mostly shot for over a year.  In fact...if you read the story...it said that she considered flying to NY to do some work on the film, but decided to fly to Los Angeles instead to celebrate the holidays.

bing101

bing101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.