News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Roadgeek band?

Started by GeauxLSU, January 15, 2017, 09:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeauxLSU

How many Road Geeks are musicians? I play flute and accordion. We should start a band called Roadgeek. Who is in with me? We can exchange files via ICQ.
I am a Roadgeek and a Fishgeek and a Tigergeek!

Rothman

I play piano and violin.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: GeauxLSU on January 15, 2017, 09:42:38 PM
How many Road Geeks are musicians? I play flute and accordion. We should start a band called Roadgeek. Who is in with me? We can exchange files via ICQ.

I play trombone but I only send files through IRC, or by printing it off in binary and sending it FedEx.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hotdogPi

I play viola, and I sing.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

adventurernumber1

I have taken years of piano lessons in the past, and still play routinely.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

corco

I like to attach bells to the linkage of my column mounted three speed while I drive around Mena, Arkansas in a Ford Galaxie.

kurumi

Trombone back in high school; piano and keyboards ongoing.

I wrote a short soundtrack instrumental for a driving video along the Alaskan Way Viaduct (former US 99) southbound many years ago. The video hosting site died a while back, but the song is still up on an almost forgotten Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/therealkurumi/alaskan-way-jam

If I re-do the song, I'd start with adjusting some of the balance between tracks
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: corco on January 16, 2017, 12:24:13 PM
I like to attach bells to the linkage of my column mounted three speed while I drive around Mena, Arkansas in a Ford Galaxie.

Would these be cowbells?   We definitely need more cowbell. 

kphoger

I play guitar, drums, other percussion, piano, recorder, organ (badly), and I'm probably forgetting something.  I also sing, compose, and arrange music.

But I haven't used ICQ since the 90s.  IRC is a good idea, but it crashed my computer last time I installed mIRC.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Revive 755

I would think for a roadgeek band you would want someone to play various synthesizers for the following:

1) rumble strips
2) concrete pavements
:sombrero:

hbelkins

I played saxophone in high school band and in a jazz band my first year of college, but haven't touched the horn in 30 years. I can still read music and remember the fingering patterns, but I'm sure it would take forever for me to get up to speed.

When I was in high school, I wanted to be Walter Parazaider.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

pumpkineater2

I am highly experienced in the art of Kazoo playing.... And I can sort of play "Ode to Joy" on the piano :-P
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

kphoger

Quote from: pumpkineater2 on January 16, 2017, 04:35:07 PM
I am highly experienced in the art of Kazoo playing....

Are you as good as this guy?

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

LM117

I always liked drums since my dad used to play 'em, so one day when I was in 9th grade in high school in spring 2004 during Music Appreciation class while the teacher was gone, I decided to play the drums. I thought I was pretty damn good...until everybody else left the room and shut the door behind them. It sunk in real fast that drums are not for me!  :ded:

I ain't too bad on the piano, though...or at least, I never ran anybody out the room.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

wanderer2575

I played clarinet in high school/college/adult community band for close to 30 years, but I haven't touched it in 10 years.  More recently, I sang baritone in a men's barbershop chorus for several years.  Now I'm just a patron of the arts.

pianocello

I play piano and cello. (surprise, surprise)
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Buck87

I played alto saxophone in high school, haven't touched it in a couple years or so

kphoger

Can we please turn this discussion back to the topic of why on earth anyone is still using ICQ?
Male pronouns, please.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: kphoger on January 17, 2017, 02:07:31 PM
Can we please turn this discussion back to the topic of why on earth anyone is still using ICQ?

I don't know, but I laughed loudly when I saw those letters.

hm insulators

What the heck is ICQ?

I used to play drums but haven't picked up a drumstick in over thirty years.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Tom958

There was once a band of Georgia DOT employees that called itself Experimental Pavement.

hbelkins

Quote from: Tom958 on January 20, 2017, 06:04:53 PM
There was once a band of Georgia DOT employees that called itself Experimental Pavement.

A group of KYTC employees entertained a conference a few years ago. (I didn't attend, but there's a YouTube video out there).

The band's name? Phil 'n the Potholes.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: hbelkins on January 20, 2017, 09:13:01 PM
Quote from: Tom958 on January 20, 2017, 06:04:53 PM

A group of KYTC employees entertained a conference a few years ago. (I didn't attend, but there's a YouTube video out there).

The band's name? Phil 'n the Potholes.

Some of the short list names I'd like to throw out there for the AAroads band name:

-  The NIMBYs
-  The GSVs
-  The BGSs
-  The Grand Alans
-  Goat Warriors
-  Metal 366
-  The Trumpotenuse
-  Bumble Gummed

hbelkins

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.