News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I came up with a good idea...

Started by ColossalBlocks, April 14, 2017, 12:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColossalBlocks

Buy state route shields from neither Ebay or an online shield generator, cut up the shields into the shape of the states they came from, and then neither weld them together, or nail them to a board.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Plates would probably be a cheaper way to go for what you're looking to do.  The stuff Jake sells isn't cheap and it meets older design specs.  Shields on eBay don't exactly go for a cheap penny either unless you have a ton of patience.

Bruce

It's been done forever with plates:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Bruce on April 15, 2017, 05:52:04 PM
It's been done forever with plates:

That's true, but could you imagine how much more expensive and how much more time consuming it would be with state shields?  Besides there are a lot of states that use generic looking shields that wouldn't really lend some element of a state like a license plate would.

Duke87

Personally, I would rather collectors' items like old shields be preserved and kept intact. The idea of slicing them up and thereby permanently destroying them does not sit right with me.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

ColossalBlocks

Quote from: Duke87 on April 16, 2017, 10:50:30 PM
Personally, I would rather collectors' items like old shields be preserved and kept intact. The idea of slicing them up and thereby permanently destroying them does not sit right with me.

I mean modern shields, but i understand that.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ColossalBlocks on April 16, 2017, 11:48:25 PM
Quote from: Duke87 on April 16, 2017, 10:50:30 PM

I mean modern shields, but i understand that.

That's just it though, there isn't a ton in modern shields that is going to scream what state they are from.  Most are boring black blanks with white backgrounds.  You'll end up spending a fortune on some states like California even to get a single shield on a bad day.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.