News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Least favorite type of soda?

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 02, 2017, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your least favorite kind of soda?

Coke
1 (1.8%)
Coke zero
2 (3.5%)
Diet coke
5 (8.8%)
Pepsi
1 (1.8%)
Diet pepsi
6 (10.5%)
Mountain dew
5 (8.8%)
Sprite
1 (1.8%)
Orange soda
2 (3.5%)
Dr Pepper
10 (17.5%)
All of the above.
6 (10.5%)
None of the above.
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

cjk374

Quote from: bmorrill on June 03, 2017, 12:33:39 PM
Delaware Punch. Tried it a few times i the '60s and, yes, it was still horrible. May not even be made anymore.

But it isn't carbonated...so it isn't a soda. Right? Wrong? Indifferent?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

tolbs17

Max Rockatansky

Big John

Spice soda (That is what 7up gold was.)

CoreySamson

Mine has to be Squirt. Big Red is actually one of my favorite sodas.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

TravelingBethelite

Not a fan of Dr Pepper, or twins root beer and cream soda.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

1995hoo

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 03, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
I don't like most of the fruit-flavored colas, like Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke or the like. As a general matter I drink only diet soda because the non-diet stuff is simply too sweet for my taste, so I guess if there were an option for "all non-diet stuff" I might vote for that. Last week I bought a four-pack of non-diet IBC Root Beer because I had a barbecue sauce recipe that called for root beer. I drank the extra that wasn't needed for the recipe and I found it unbelievably sweet and hard to drink.

I therefore didn't vote in the poll because my choice would be "other."

I've never had anything called "pop," BTW. Not sure what "pop" is.  :biggrin:

Tonight I thought of a soda I despise more than any of the ones mentioned so far in this thread: Yoohoo chocolate soda. Foul stuff.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kevinb1994

Dirt Roads

Where I grew up in West Virginia, most everybody called it "coke" no matter what brand or flavor of drink.  Orange coke, Grape coke, Red coke and even some folks would use the term "Lemon-lime coke" for 7Up and Sprite.  My folks were from Central West Virginia, and they couldn't stand this (probably because it sounded too backwards).  I always thought this was funny, because most folks preferred RC Cola back in those days.  Which my dad always called "R-O-C coca-cola".  Go figure.

1995hoo

Quote from: Dirt Roads on April 10, 2021, 12:44:44 PM
Where I grew up in West Virginia, most everybody called it "coke" no matter what brand or flavor of drink.  Orange coke, Grape coke, Red coke and even some folks would use the term "Lemon-lime coke" for 7Up and Sprite.  My folks were from Central West Virginia, and they couldn't stand this (probably because it sounded too backwards).  I always thought this was funny, because most folks preferred RC Cola back in those days.  Which my dad always called "R-O-C coca-cola".  Go figure.

Kind of like the use of the terms "mailman" and weatherman" to refer to the person doing that job regardless of the actual individual's sex. Or, for that matter, "beer girl" to refer to the person who drives the beer cart at the golf course (although I can't say I recall ever having seen a male driving a beer cart).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kevinb1994

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 10, 2021, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on April 10, 2021, 12:35:56 PM
Diet soda is the worst.
I actually prefer diet soda.
When I was younger than you, diet soda wasn't that bad.

I should note that I still drink Dr. Pepper. It was handed to me whenever a fast food joint was out of other options. I will most likely drink that or Sprite (of all the options on the list above). Coke is very common here in the Southeast (it was invented up in Columbus, Georgia, by a man from Knoxville, Georgia), of course.

GaryV

NWI_Irish96

Cream Soda is the only kind I really don't like.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ozarkman417

Something I tried at World of Coke, but I can't recall the specific brand.

Rothman

Huh.  I didn't know that practice extended that far north.  My relatives are "pop" people in eastern KY.

Always thought calling every soda a coke was a little disturbing, in terms of how much control Coca-Cola has over their language.  Doesn't say much for freedom of human thought.

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

GaryV

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 10, 2021, 04:39:56 PM
Something I tried at World of Coke, but I can't recall the specific brand.

Could be the South African version.  That stuff was terrible.

SkyPesos

For me, any diet soda, regardless of brand.

bandit957

Surge was cool. Anyone remember Surge? It was a green soda that was really popular in the '90s. But then it suddenly dropped off the face of the earth.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kenarmy

I haven't had a soda since January  :meh:. But if you drink Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, or anything minty seek help!
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

SectorZ

Moxie. It's like someone liquidized tobacco and called it soda.

Scott5114

Quote from: bandit957 on April 10, 2021, 08:20:04 PM
Surge was cool. Anyone remember Surge? It was a green soda that was really popular in the '90s. But then it suddenly dropped off the face of the earth.

Back during Surge's heyday, it got a reputation for having a ton of caffeine. I was in 5th grade at the time, and we went out to a youth camp that our school sponsored. My mom was one of the counselors they sent along to help watch over everyone.

Late at night there were these two kids that wouldn't stop talking even though it was long after the time everyone was supposed to go to sleep. She went over to get onto them and discovered that one of them had been drinking a concealed can of Surge the entire time. She got mad and grabbed the can and went to the front door of the cabin and threw it against a tree, which made a sound loud enough the adjoining cabins heard it.

Nobody's head was shaped like a Speak'n'spell in the aforementioned story, however.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: Rothman on April 10, 2021, 04:46:03 PM
Huh.  I didn't know that practice extended that far north.  My relatives are "pop" people in eastern KY.

Always thought calling every soda a coke was a little disturbing, in terms of how much control Coca-Cola has over their language.  Doesn't say much for freedom of human thought.

I've called it "pop" all my life. Either that or "soft drink." "Soda" just seems to be an alien term to me.

Your relatives live in the area that consumes the most Pepsi products per capita in the country. I always feel like a rebel when I drink a Coke product in Pike County.

I had a grandmother who called Coke "Co-Cola."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

sparker

For better or worse, I consume a lot of diet soda -- but as far as I'm concerned, the all-time worst of that lot was (and is) Tab.  That shit tastes like the weakest cola in the world, but with a truckload of anise added for a licorice-type overall taste -- and there's a damn good reason why there's no licorice soda (at least with wide distribution!).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.