News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Another Housing Bubble?

Started by 7/8, June 11, 2017, 11:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7/8

The housing prices in my area (Waterloo Region) are increasing at a ridiculous pace. This article says that housing prices in Waterloo Region have increased by 40-50% since last year! Housing prices all around the Greater Golden Horseshoe seem to be rising. It seems like most houses around here sell within 2-3 days at around $50k above asking price. I've heard that Vancouver's prices are rising quickly too.

Are the housing prices in your area going up? And do you think we're heading towards another housing bubble? I just hope I can afford a house when I'm ready to.

DaBigE

Quote from: 7/8 on June 11, 2017, 11:30:19 PM
The housing prices in my area (Waterloo Region) are increasing at a ridiculous pace. This article says that housing prices in Waterloo Region have increased by 40-50% since last year! Housing prices all around the Greater Golden Horseshoe seem to be rising. It seems like most houses around here sell within 2-3 days at around $50k above asking price. I've heard that Vancouver's prices are rising quickly too.

Are the housing prices in your area going up? And do you think we're heading towards another housing bubble? I just hope I can afford a house when I'm ready to.

Yes, they're artificially high around here too, but that's because lately demand is exceeding supply. Rental vacancy is also very low, creating a landlord's market = lose/lose situation for my wife and I.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Max Rockatansky

I see it heading towards another bubble and another bursting all over again.  Basically a lot of the cities were there was a huge spike in prices have seen another influx of the same thing happening in the last 2-3 years.  It actually was a huge reason I decided to leave the Phoenix area because it really was making the place really not really affordable anymore, my brother left this year for Boise after being there since 1993.  Even where I'm at now I'm seeing houses that would have gone for 150-180k a year or two back going for 220-260k.  I'm in position to purchase a home but I'm really not interested until another crash/mini-crash happens to level the market out.  If condos were a bigger deal where I'm at presently I would probably be looking at one instead since they tend to be way more stable price wise.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.