Routes that cross multiple times and intersect exactly 7 times

Started by NE2, May 23, 2012, 11:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

allniter89

BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

OCGuy81

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

1995hoo

Quote from: NE2 on May 23, 2012, 11:27:53 PM
Anyone?

I just updated a comment I made in the other thread and it seems as though it MIGHT fit in here as well:

Quote from: 1995hoo on May 24, 2012, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on May 23, 2012, 10:12:26 AM
I believe US-29 and I-66 in Virginia qualify. US-29 crosses I-66 six times and there's an interchange at, or adjacent to, each crossing, although the four inside the Beltway are all partial interchanges (I-66 inside the Beltway has only a single full interchange with any road and it's not US-29).

When I made the comment above I forgot about the additional partial junction between US-29 and the eastern end of I-66 in the District of Columbia.

It's the final partial junction in the District of Columbia that might not count, but I'm not certain of precisely where the eastern endpoint of I-66 is so I'll leave it to someone else to determine whether that point qualifies as a seventh "crossing." Two ramps connect I-66 directly to and from the Whitehurst Freeway portion of US-29 and I just don't know if either of those counts as part of I-66 (and I'm too lazy to look it up somewhere). The eastbound (actually going north at this point) roadway still has two lanes when it passes under the K Street part of US-29 before splitting into two ramps, though, so it might be considered "close enough" depending on your point of view.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Scott5114

This doesn't need a thread. In fact, we never need a thread whose sole purpose is to sarcastically poke fun at another thread/poster. Let's not venture into this territory again going forward.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.