News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Interstate in Idabel, OK

Started by Scott5114, February 28, 2014, 03:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/national_highway_system/nhs_maps/oklahoma/ok_oklahoma.pdf

This NHS map appears to show an interstate system fragment in Idabel. Mapping error, or government conspiracy? You decide!!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

I'm tempted to say "mapping error," especially since the northern flank of US 70 near Idabel is not even a freeway, but I wonder if we could be looking at the seed of (say) an I-149 extending from the projected I-49 corridor at DeQueen, Arkansas west to the south end of the Indian Nation Turnpike at Hugo.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

okc1

US 377 north of Ada on a FHWA map?  Must be it's approved!
Steve Reynolds
Midwest City OK
Native of Southern Erie Co, NY

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Henry

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 28, 2014, 10:00:01 AM
I'm tempted to say "mapping error," especially since the northern flank of US 70 near Idabel is not even a freeway, but I wonder if we could be looking at the seed of (say) an I-149 extending from the projected I-49 corridor at DeQueen, Arkansas west to the south end of the Indian Nation Turnpike at Hugo.
If anything, I'd rather see an I-x40 on said Turnpike. In any case, it's definitely data error, as there's no new freeway proposal in the area that I'm aware of.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bugo

Obviously a mapo.  This section of U-70 isn't even a freeway.

bugo

Quote from: Henry on February 28, 2014, 02:26:18 PM
If anything, I'd rather see an I-x40 on said Turnpike. In any case, it's definitely data error, as there's no new freeway proposal in the area that I'm aware of.

The Indian Nation Turnpike is nowhere near Interstate standards.

bugo

No need for an interstate along US 70.  A 4 lane divided expressway would be plenty for this corridor. 

Alps

This pretty clearly belongs in the "Unnumbered Interstates" thread. ;)

Jardine

Has anyone checked to see if there is actual paving on the site?  It might be a runway for the Chem-trail aircraft fleet that was mismarked as an Interstate.

:-/

Bobby5280

Quote from: J N WinklerI'm tempted to say "mapping error," especially since the northern flank of US 70 near Idabel is not even a freeway, but I wonder if we could be looking at the seed of (say) an I-149 extending from the projected I-49 corridor at DeQueen, Arkansas west to the south end of the Indian Nation Turnpike at Hugo.

That little segment would fall along the lines of a diagonal SE to NW Interstate I'd like to see built connecting Texarkana, Oklahoma City and Denver. I-46 would be a good number. It would look good terminating into I-49. The Denver region would get another I-x6 Interstate to go with I-76, kind of like I-44 and I-64 ending in St. Louis.

Desert Man

I-49 is destined to connect from I-40 and I-20 someday, therefore Isabel OK is expected to have the I-49 cross their town. I never heard of I-46...well, if there's an interstate proposal in the Red River valley of OK, then I would have noticed that before I came to this thread.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

bugo

Quote from: Mike D boy on March 01, 2014, 03:20:33 PM
I-49 is destined to connect from I-40 and I-20 someday, therefore Isabel OK is expected to have the I-49 cross their town. I never heard of I-46...well, if there's an interstate proposal in the Red River valley of OK, then I would have noticed that before I came to this thread.

Huh?  That doesn't make any sense.

Scott5114

I-49 is going to be at least 20 miles east of Idabel.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Brandon

Quote from: Mike D boy on March 01, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

Did you crack open a map or a beer first?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.