News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AIM chat

Started by Alps, December 09, 2010, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

A group of us enthusiasts have been getting together nightly on AIM.  The channel is "roads" - you don't need an invite, just join the chat room by name and you should find us there.  We're there right now, for example.  Come drop by!  (We don't just talk roads, so don't be disappointed if something like sports comes up.)

froggie

Out of curiosity, how is this any different than what used to go on with IRC?

rawmustard

Quote from: froggie on December 10, 2010, 06:38:01 AM
Out of curiosity, how is this any different than what used to go on with IRC?

Just the server protocol is all.  :)

SSOWorld

and you can't be kicked :P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

SteveG1988

How do i join using aim 7.5?
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

rawmustard

Quote from: SteveG1988 on December 10, 2010, 02:55:27 PM
How do i join using aim 7.5?

You can basically join any AIM chat room by inviting your own screenname to whichever room you wish.

Alps

The IRC channels allowed kicking, banning, and setting of Ops (channel moderation).  That allowed chat there to be cliquey and exclusive.  There's no such protocol on AIM, which fosters a better experience in my opinion.

Dr Frankenstein

I can't join... I'm being redirected here instead:
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKCPopup&docType=kc&externalId=51135

Disregard this. I found how to.

bugo

*BUMP*

We need fresh fish, er I mean new blood.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.