News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

When non-road geeks get it so tragically wrong........

Started by The Nature Boy, March 12, 2015, 10:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nature Boy

Buzzfeed post this today: http://www.buzzfeed.com/maritsapatrinos/fantasy-license-plates#.hp6EPERBE

I'm mostly bothered by the city license plates, though the Twin Peaks one could double as an alternative Washington state plate.

NE2

I don't get it. What does this have to do with roadgeeks and what's tragically wrong?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Duke87

What's tragically wrong is that some of these license plates are specific to cities rather than states. No license plate would ever read "(town name), California", it would just say "California". So a "Sunnydale, California" license plate is therefore absurd.

Of course, while people like us will scoff at that and be bothered by it, a more normal person might call it "artistic license".
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

corco

Quote from: NE2 on March 12, 2015, 10:31:46 PM
I don't get it. What does this have to do with roadgeeks and what's tragically wrong?

My Grandma died when she read that article because of the inaccuracies

The Nature Boy

Quote from: NE2 on March 12, 2015, 10:31:46 PM

I assume 99% of us would also know a bit about license plates and how they're generally supposed to look/function. The only non-state plates I've ever seen are DC plates and some Indian tribes have their own tribal plates.

NE2

Quote from: The Nature Boy on March 12, 2015, 10:56:20 PM
I assume 99% of us would also know a bit about license plates and how they're generally supposed to look/function.
They look fine to me, though very fanwanky.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.