News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Started by Brian556, March 27, 2015, 12:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

0ooo

SignGeek101

Seriously, what's going on here? Am I missing something?  :-D

Zmapper

It's 2 challenging to figure out the intent of this thread.

vtk

Lois, there's a message in my Alphabits! It says:
Quote from: Brian556 on March 27, 2015, 12:25:10 AM
0ooo
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Brian556

The board would not allow me to delete something that I posted, so I edited it to just be 0's. Mod's please delete this thread.

hotdogPi

Or we can have this thread be about places where Route 0 exists.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

cjk374

Or perhaps 3 ways that zero exists (other than the amount of dollars in my wallet  :no: ):

1) exit 0 (I think we have a thread for that--too lazy and short on time to find)

2) Route 0 as 1 suggested

3) Chances are 0 in seeing a certain road project either finishing or starting.  :biggrin:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

1995hoo

I thought maybe it was some sort of binary joke. I remember a teacher I disliked in high school because she was generally a nasty person got mad at me for keeping my grade sheet (which she required us to do) using binary notation. She was not amused and did not appreciate my initiative. Maybe I should have used hexadecimal.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

SteveG1988

oooooooooo r u ohohohohoh
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

jeffandnicole

Oh good...I can bring up this concern:  When I want to do a search for something, I have to enter at least 2 characters.  Because of this, I can't look up, for example, "Route 1", because there's only 1 character in "1".  I can't even look up "A", because again it's one character.  Can that 2-character-or-more requirement be eliminated?

Pete from Boston

Quote from: cjk374 on March 27, 2015, 07:03:22 AM
Or perhaps 3 ways that zero exists (other than the amount of dollars in my wallet  :no: ):

1) exit 0 (I think we have a thread for that--too lazy and short on time to find)

2) Route 0 as 1 suggested

3) Chances are 0 in seeing a certain road project either finishing or starting.  :biggrin:

Zero milestones in some countries.  There's one in DC, though I don't know for what route, and one in Madrid that all roads are to be measured from.

1995hoo

Quote from: Pete from Boston on March 27, 2015, 09:02:12 AM
Zero milestones in some countries.  There's one in DC, though I don't know for what route, and one in Madrid that all roads are to be measured from.

The one in DC is near the National Christmas Tree. It doesn't actually serve as the zero milestone for anything. It was intended to be an imitation of the one in the Forum Romanum, from which Romans did reckon the distances on their road system, but it never actually served that purpose because of how responsibility for road construction evolved in the 1920s and 1930s. It's more a curiosity than anything else. I suppose its location is kind of fitting, given the Roman connection, because Constitution Avenue (just to the south of there) is constructed on top of the buried Tiber Creek.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

6a

GCrites

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 27, 2015, 08:34:24 AM
Oh good...I can bring up this concern:  When I want to do a search for something, I have to enter at least 2 characters.  Because of this, I can't look up, for example, "Route 1", because there's only 1 character in "1".  I can't even look up "A", because again it's one character.  Can that 2-character-or-more requirement be eliminated?

most forum softwares' search functions are inferior to putting in "site:[whatever].com" a space, then the search term on Google.

so your Google search would be "site:aaroads.com route 1"

Mr. Matté

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: 1995hoo on March 27, 2015, 07:33:55 AM
I thought maybe it was some sort of binary joke. I remember a teacher I disliked in high school because she was generally a nasty person got mad at me for keeping my grade sheet (which she required us to do) using binary notation. She was not amused and did not appreciate my initiative. Maybe I should have used hexadecimal.

My own method for doing so was Roman numerals, which, because they lack a 0, is inappropriate for this thread.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

jeffandnicole

Quote from: GCrites80s on March 27, 2015, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 27, 2015, 08:34:24 AM

most forum softwares' search functions are inferior to putting in "site:[whatever].com" a space, then the search term on Google.

so your Google search would be "site:aaroads.com route 1"

Thanks for that workaround!

NE2

0 is the color of the hepcat.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

CtrlAltDel

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Grzrd

Brandon

And here I thought this was about the 0 face.

QuoteI'm thinking I might take that new chick from Logistics. If things go well I might be showing her my O-face. "Oh... Oh... Oh!" You know what I'm talkin' about. "Oh!"

PC load letter! What the fuck does that mean?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Big John

J N Winkler

Quote from: Pete from Boston on March 27, 2015, 09:02:12 AMZero milestones in some countries.  There's one in DC, though I don't know for what route, and one in Madrid that all roads are to be measured from.

The Wikipedia article on the Puerta del Sol has a photo of the brass-inlaid pavement slab in front of the Post Office that is supposedly the zero point for the N-I, N-II, N-III, N-IV, N-V, and N-VI.  I suspect it has been supplanted in that function by a modern georeferencing system--considerable lengths of these "single-digit" nacionales have been superseded by autovías of the same number but shown on signs in Hindu-Arabic numerals.  Apparently so little care has been taken in the positioning of the pavement slab during renovations (the Puerta del Sol is now pedestrianized) that it was upside down for some years.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

CNGL-Leudimin

Chongqing, China has a metro line 0 under construction.
Quote from: J N Winkler on March 27, 2015, 02:04:39 PMThe Wikipedia article on the Puerta del Sol has a photo of the brass-inlaid pavement slab in front of the Post Office that is supposedly the zero point for the N-I, N-II, N-III, N-IV, N-V, and N-VI.  I suspect it has been supplanted in that function by a modern georeferencing system--considerable lengths of these "single-digit" nacionales have been superseded by autovías of the same number but shown on signs in Hindu-Arabic numerals.  Apparently so little care has been taken in the positioning of the pavement slab during renovations (the Puerta del Sol is now pedestrianized) that it was upside down for some years.

Yup. A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4, A-5 and A-6, but those still have their kmpost 0 at Puerta del Sol (A-42 to Toledo too), so if you are on those expressways, the kmposts mark the distance to there. At least in theory, because recently I found A-2 is actually shorter than signposted. I measured it from Ariza all the way to Z-40 near Zaragoza and, while there are 118 kmposts, I only got 111 km (69 miles).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.