News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Funny words

Started by bandit957, April 29, 2015, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

I like the word "hoy" (the H is not silent; it's Filipino, not Spanish). It's used to get someone's attention, but I tend to use it sometimes in the following ways:

* interjection of surprise or mild dismay: "Hoy! The server crashed." Slightly more intense than "bu hao", when a test or network connection fails
* adjective meaning desirable or admirable: "That kimchi is hoy."

A little of this goes a long way, though.

Also, kilikili, wala, anak, puwit, bomba, magulogged (sp?) and a few others are fun to say
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

signalman

Quote from: SteveG1988 on April 29, 2015, 05:05:38 PM
As a place name. Intercourse, Blue Ball, and Bird in hand.
Don't forget Leacock Township in the same neck of the woods.  Also, gotta love Beaver Valley Pike.  I miss my frequent trips to Lancaster County and all of their sexual innuendos.  Come to think of it...innuendo is a funny word.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: signalman on April 30, 2015, 03:20:29 AM
Quote from: SteveG1988 on April 29, 2015, 05:05:38 PM
As a place name. Intercourse, Blue Ball, and Bird in hand.
Don't forget Leacock Township in the same neck of the woods.  Also, gotta love Beaver Valley Pike.  I miss my frequent trips to Lancaster County and all of their sexual innuendos.  Come to think of it...innuendo is a funny word.
A few from Alabama: All Good, Good Hope, and New Hope.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Big John

^^ There is a little town by me called Little Hope

CNGL-Leudimin

Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft.

And I wrote that from memory :sombrero:.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Takumi

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 30, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft.

And I wrote that from memory :sombrero:.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

SteveG1988

Wankel Rotary Engine

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

jakeroot

national highway 1

Onomatopoeia - such a long word to describe something simple - a word that represents a sound
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

freebrickproductions

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - the fear of long words. :bigass:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

empirestate

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 30, 2015, 01:46:08 AM
My group of friends has recently taken to referring to #1 as "primary bathroom functions" and #2 as "secondary bathroom functions" after an email from management referred to them that way. Gotta go do a secondary.

I usually call those "advanced procedures".

ilvny

Onomatopoeia and supercalifragilisticexpialadocious.

Takumi

Yaw
Paw
Maw
Jaw
Mandible
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

GCrites

She used her paw to fill her maw which induced yaw in her jaw and mandible.

bugo

Scott5114

Some letters are funnier than others. F, J, and K are funny letters. So are U and Y. On the other hand, A, B, C, G, and H aren't that funny.

I mean this in contexts where letters are used outside of words. Taking the U train would be funnier than taking the C train, or picking up your luggage at Baggage Claim J would be funnier than from Baggage Claim A.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

hbelkins

Quote from: bandit957 on April 29, 2015, 10:34:23 PM
The word 'incident' is always useful to describe someone wetting or soiling their pants. Once when I was growing up, someone soiled themselves at a Kroger supermarket, and my grandmother called it "the Kroger incident."

"Incident" is useful in pretty much every situation.

My group of friends has recently taken to referring to #1 as "primary bathroom functions" and #2 as "secondary bathroom functions" after an email from management referred to them that way. Gotta go do a secondary.

We have a guy here whose title is Incident Management Coordinator. The work vehicle he drives is labeled Incident Response Unit.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

slorydn1

Quote from: hbelkins on May 05, 2015, 04:12:49 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on April 29, 2015, 10:34:23 PM
The word 'incident' is always useful to describe someone wetting or soiling their pants. Once when I was growing up, someone soiled themselves at a Kroger supermarket, and my grandmother called it "the Kroger incident."

"Incident" is useful in pretty much every situation.

We have a guy here whose title is Incident Management Coordinator. The work vehicle he drives is labeled Incident Response Unit.

So I guess he is the guy that drives the tanker that services the porta pottys?  :happy:
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

golden eagle

empirestate

Shoe.
Megaphone.
Grunties.

Henry

Bullshit, horseshit and chickenshit
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Pete from Boston

Negatives with no positive:

Dismantle
Demolish
Disgruntle

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.