News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Michigan Holiday Roads Meet: Detroit & Environs - Saturday, 1/3/2015

Started by DanTheMan414, November 26, 2014, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanTheMan414

WHAT: The return of the Michigan Holiday Roads Meet, after a 5 year hiatus
WHEN: Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 @ 11:30 AM
WHERE: Bagger Dave's, 26054 Novi Rd., Novi, MI

You have not experienced burgers until you have experienced Bagger Dave's.  :sombrero:  Meet us there for some great food, fun and a chance to shoot the breeze starting at 11:30 AM.

Highlights of the tour will include the complete rebuild of I-96 through Livonia & Redford, which was completed in September; the new(er) roundabouts at and near the north end of M-5 in Commerce Twp.; and much more!  Please RSVP by posting in this thread or messaging me by Friday, January 2nd.  Spread the word, and we hope to see you there!

Bagger Dave's is located on the east side of Novi Road, about 0.25 mile south of I-96 (Exit #162) in Novi, just north of the Grand River Avenue intersection.

Dr Frankenstein

I was hoping I (and my best friend, as Detroit is her favourite city for some reason) could make this, but it turns out it'll be very unlikely.

But Bagger Dave's is awesome.

Alps

I have experienced many more excellent burgers than Dave's could ever provide. I am insulted, and I will therefore not attend, and it has nothing to do with my lack of availability or likely snowfall.

SSOWorld

Must prioritize... Madison, UP, Possible Duluth? Denver? Money? yes money... I'm out.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

getemngo

Quote from: Alps on November 27, 2014, 10:26:16 AM
I have experienced many more excellent burgers than Dave's could ever provide. I am insulted, and I will therefore not attend, and it has nothing to do with my lack of availability or likely snowfall.

I'm going for the beer.
~ Sam from Michigan

DanTheMan414

Over the weekend the tour has been planned out for the forthcoming SEMI Roads Meet, and in addition to the rebuilt section of I-96 (2014) and the new roundabouts at the north end of M-5, also to be featured are the section of M-39 that was rebuilt in 2011, as well as the two SPUIs that were constructed at the Beck and Wixom Road interchanges off of I-96 in Novi in recent years. Less than two weeks away...we hope to see you there!

DanTheMan414

We are on for the SEMI Roads Meet tomorrow at Bagger Dave's in Novi, MI (Novi Rd. south of I-96).  We're planning to begin at 11:30 with the lunch portion, but with some messy weather possible in the morning, the tour portion will happen a little bit later to allow for improvement in conditions (precipitation is forecast to convert to rain around noon or so).   

getemngo

Since nobody posted the photo... here's the photo.

Sean Lyons is holding a makeshift SEND HELP sign that nobody can read. I'm wearing backup Sam shirt (Sam the Man) because I couldn't find my normal one.

Also, it was a 4 year hiatus (not 5) since the last Michigan New Year's meet, since there was Adrian Leskiw's Ypsilanti meet in 2011 that Dan didn't attend.
~ Sam from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.