Toronto 2016 Meet Date Poll - Updated

Started by AsphaltPlanet, September 22, 2015, 10:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which date is your preference for the 2016 Toronto meet?

Saturday June 4, 2016
7 (70%)
Saturday June 11, 2016 - This option has been selected.
9 (90%)
Saturday June 18, 2016
7 (70%)
Saturday June 25, 2016
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

MisterSG1

Quote from: cl94 on June 10, 2016, 07:10:37 PM
Hope the rain hits in the early morning like forecasts are currently saying and not later in the day. Might make my drive from Buffalo miserable, but I'd take that over bad meet weather.

For the Toronto people: what is the cheapest gas near the restaurant? My wallet will hate me, but I'm not starting the meet without a full tank.

Cheapest gas in Whitby is selling at 101.9 at Thickson and Rossland. Rossland is the second arterial north of the 401, the going rate at most GTA stations is 106.9

Roadgeek Adam

It's up to her. I would find Whitby easier given my lack of Toronto area knowledge. I got lost in St. Catharines, much less the Toronto area
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

cl94

Quote from: MisterSG1 on June 10, 2016, 07:14:53 PM
Quote from: cl94 on June 10, 2016, 07:10:37 PM
Hope the rain hits in the early morning like forecasts are currently saying and not later in the day. Might make my drive from Buffalo miserable, but I'd take that over bad meet weather.

For the Toronto people: what is the cheapest gas near the restaurant? My wallet will hate me, but I'm not starting the meet without a full tank.

Cheapest gas in Whitby is selling at 101.9 at Thickson and Rossland. Rossland is the second arterial north of the 401, the going rate at most GTA stations is 106.9

Thanks. 101.9 is only 50 cents a gallon more than what it costs in Buffalo accounting for the conversion. I can live with that.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

oscar

Here's my photo of most of our group, with an about-to-open segment of the 407 behind us on the overpass:

I'm at the far right, while Adam Moss is holding the upside-down 403 shield. Rest of the captioning to follow, though I'll need help on some of the names.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Roadgeek Adam

This is my photo:

From left to right:

Kneeling: Adam Moss (me-NY/IL), Mark Mirlees (ON)

Standing: Scott Steeves (ON), Chris Jordan (NY), Doug Kerr (NY), Chris Beach (ON), Andrew Gurudata (ON), Sammi De Guzman (ON), Brandon Penney (ON), Josh Schmid (NY), Mark Sinsabaugh (NY), Oscar Voss (VA)

Three members of the meet were not present at the photo because they were delayed in Richmond Hill.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.