News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Allegheny County Routes (Pittsburgh, PA)

Started by Hoss6884, March 25, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss6884

For those of you from Pittsburgh or familiar with Pittsburgh roads:

One of my short-term goals is to clinch every route within Allegheny County.  The only miles I have left are PA Route 380 between Oakland and Penn Hills and PA Route 148/PA Route 148 Truck through McKeesport.  Both of these areas aren't the best, but does anyone have experience on these roads?  How safe are these routes?  Thank you!

Alps

Just drive them. As long as you're not parking and walking around, you should be fine in just about any neighborhood.

Zeffy

Quote from: Alps on March 25, 2014, 07:45:56 PM
Just drive them. As long as you're not parking and walking around, you should be fine in just about any neighborhood.

This is how I clinched NJ 129 on Sunday... but I don't think you'd necessarily get yourself hurt if you did get out and walk in a bad area - as long as there are bystanders and you aren't associating yourself to anything that could make you a potential target, you should be fine. If it's nighttime and it's pitch black - forget about it.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Mr_Northside

I've driven both routes.  They go thru shitty areas, but I've never felt one bit unsafe or uneasy on them. 
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

wphiii

Quote from: Mr_Northside on March 26, 2014, 06:16:34 PM
I've driven both routes.  They go thru shitty areas, but I've never felt one bit unsafe or uneasy on them.

I did get pulled over once on 148 (Walnut St) in McKeesport...because it was nighttime and I'm white, so naturally I had to have been looking for drugs and not just on my way to my girlfriend's house or anything.

But yeah, during the day you'll have zero problem on either of those routes if you're just driving through.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.