News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Car and Driver's Hocking Hills test loop

Started by 1995hoo, June 07, 2013, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

The latest issue of Car and Driver came in the mail the other day and the article about their road test of an Aston Martin includes a map of the southern Ohio route they've been using for the past 20+ years. The route is run clockwise on the roads shown on the Google Maps link below. Anyone driven this route? Is it worth a detour if you're passing through the general area? I'd wondered for quite some time what roads they use because they've often mentioned the Hocking Hills. I can't help but wonder, though, if their publication of their route might result in a greater police presence as enthusiasts show up to drive too fast.

http://goo.gl/maps/wb234
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jOnstar

Funny you mention that! I work for the company that handles the loans of the Aston Martin to the press... one of them being Car & Driver. I have not had a chance to see the latest issue, but if it was in Hocking Hills, OH... then more than likely it was the Michigan Car & Driver guys and there is a good chance I may have delivered that car to their office. I am going to have to check that issue out on Monday now.

As it goes for the route and police presence... I have not personally driven the Hocking Hills route, but know of many areas and routes up here in Michigan where a couple of the publications often use. I don't really see any different in the police presence. I am sure if Hocking Hills increased their police there, then you wouldn't have many more visits from Car & Driver.

Alps

I grew up with C&D from age 8 into my 20s. I'd sure detour.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.