News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New section of Hwy 195 opens at Florence

Started by longhorn, October 29, 2014, 09:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/headlines/Florence--Ribbon-Cutting-Scheduled-For-Expanded-Highway-195-280572122.html

It took two years, but it was well worth it. Almost four lane divided highway from Georgetown to Killeen/Ft. Hood. Used to be known as the highway of death and at one time soldiers were ordered not to drive on it because it was so dangerous.

http://kdhnews.com/news/article_bfdb2c66-effe-11e1-bcb3-001a4bcf6878.html

NE2

Texas, not Alabama or Kentucky (Y'ALL) or anything else.

Did the MIC help pay for the improvements?

Also: I-33?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

longhorn

Quote from: NE2 on October 29, 2014, 09:38:37 AM
Texas, not Alabama or Kentucky (Y'ALL) or anything else.

Did the MIC help pay for the improvements?

Florence in Central Texas just north of Austin 10 miles west of I35

dfwmapper

Segment 1 (I-35 to just south of Ronald Reagan) is all but complete. Segment 2 (from the north end of segment 1 to the south end of the new bypass) is about 6 miles long and still has 2 years of work to go. About 4.5 miles of it (everything south of CR 241) is new terrain, including an overpass at Ronald Reagan, while the rest will follow the existing alignment.

yakra

The Statewide Planning Map and designation files haven't caught up to this improvement yet.

* Is the old route through town a business state highway? A state highway loop? Neither?
* Has SH 138 been extended east?
* How about the new alignment south of CR241; is this open yet?
* Specifically, the section of old alignment that provides access to Ronald Reagan Blvd -- is this, or will it become, a state highway loop?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

longhorn

Quote from: yakra on April 21, 2015, 12:42:52 PM
The Statewide Planning Map and designation files haven't caught up to this improvement yet.

* Is the old route through town a business state highway? A state highway loop? Neither?
The highway through Florence is now a "business" highway.
* Has SH 138 been extended east? Yes
* How about the new alignment south of CR241; is this open yet? Yes
* Specifically, the section of old alignment that provides access to Ronald Reagan Blvd -- is this, or will it become, a state highway loop?

dfwmapper

The north section (i.e. Florence bypass) is fully complete. The south section (from I-35 to just south of Ronald Reagan) is complete southbound, but the northbound lanes are in the middle of being repaved. The middle section is still under construction, and is pretty close to what is visible in Google satellite view. There might be a little more pavement, but there's still a lot of work to do. Anticipated completion is Fall 2016.

longhorn

Quote from: dfwmapper on April 27, 2015, 01:25:14 PM
The north section (i.e. Florence bypass) is fully complete. The south section (from I-35 to just south of Ronald Reagan) is complete southbound, but the northbound lanes are in the middle of being repaved. The middle section is still under construction, and is pretty close to what is visible in Google satellite view. There might be a little more pavement, but there's still a lot of work to do. Anticipated completion is Fall 2016.

Should not take that long to complete. I drive the segment everyday. They are about to detour the two way traffic to the newly completed southbound lane south of Florance to just north of Ronald Reagan. This will allow them to tear up the original road and complete the rebuild of the north bound lanes. The Ronald Reagan overpass is almost done. This project should be completed this fall,or winter.

dfwmapper

I'm just going off what the Williamson County website shows. Segment 3 is months behind the anticipated completion date too, so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the middle part being complete a year early.

longhorn

Just say a digital sign stating the new traffic flow (detour on the new southbound lanes) will happen on May 6th. Its the last segment that needs to be fixed. It seems they are running ahead of schedule.

When completed it will transform this area, the sleepy town of Florence does not know what awaits them.

longhorn

TXDOT changed traffic pattern yesterday to the southbound side of the new construction. Major safety improvement as the new section is more straight and better sight lines.

jbnv

Quote from: NE2 on October 29, 2014, 09:38:37 AM

Perhaps part of an extension of I-27 south through Abilene to Georgetown?

(This highway is of particular interest to me because my daughter lives in Lampasas.)
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.