News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

US 34 bridge between Glenwood, IA and Bellevue, NE to open Wednesday

Started by DandyDan, October 18, 2014, 03:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iowahighways

Quote from: bugo on November 02, 2014, 06:25:07 AM
Did US 34-275 originally follow IA 949 to Locust where US 275 split off to the north? Did 34 follow Sharp Street to Hillman Road to 220th to L35/Kane Avenue to ??? Was 34 relocated onto Locust Street and 221st to the bridge?

US 34's route before the Glenwood bypass opened in 1974 was County Road L35 to Glenwood, Locust and Sharp Streets in Glenwood, and Ingrum Street and Irish Avenue (which now dead-ends) east of there.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

DandyDan

One more update regarding Iowa 370, which is now signed as Mills County H10.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

SD Mapman

Quote from: DandyDan on November 16, 2014, 04:10:49 AM
So did they just get rid of the designation? And what are they going to do with the old US 34?
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

Fredddie

Is there any word from the Nebraska side regarding NE 370?

DandyDan

Quote from: Fredddie on November 17, 2014, 12:50:06 PM
Is there any word from the Nebraska side regarding NE 370?
I don't have any official word, but the last time I drove on it, anything that was not hung on a gantry was removed east of US 75.

Jardine

I've managed to cross it twice now, both times from west to east, and, darn it (!!) both times at night, so I didn't really see anything.

:-(

DandyDan

Quote from: SD Mapman on November 17, 2014, 09:55:22 AM
Quote from: DandyDan on November 16, 2014, 04:10:49 AM
So did they just get rid of the designation? And what are they going to do with the old US 34?
I finally had time to check out what happened to old US 34 today.  For some weird reason, it is now signed as Mills County L35 west of I-29.  Shouldn't it really be Mills County H-x?  I know L35 goes east from that interchange, but as I see it, that should be H-x as well.

Two other pieces of weirdness.  I was going north on US 75 from the intersection with US 34 and the green mileage sign listed mileage to both Papillion and Omaha, the odd thing about Papillion being it's not on US 75.  Is this some foreshadowing of a plan to move US 275 onto NE 370?

Also, the sign on the exit ramp from SB I-29 to WB US 34 indicates that "South Bellevue" is 10 miles west.  South Bellevue?

Lyon Wonder

IMO, the US 34 expressway can be extended west along Platteview rd from US 75 to I-80, and US 34 can be co-signed with either I-80 or US 6 from Exit #432 to I-180 in Lincoln.

Jardine

I still haven't been over it in the daytime.  ARGH !

Also, NDOR is looking at Platteview Road and US75 intersection again since that last (child) fatality.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.