News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

ODOT Announces New State Highway (Sort Of)

Started by rte66man, September 11, 2012, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

ODOT released their newest 8 year Construction Work Plan on Monday, 9/10. I was perusing the maps and I came acrosss the following:

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/cwp-8-year-plan/cwp_ffy2013-ffy2020/pdfs/cwp_ffy2013-2020_division8_tulsa_metro.pdf

If you zoom in to the SW quadrant, you will see the following box:

<stupid Flickr account....>

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Scott5114

SH-12?

Jeremy, do you have any idea what this is supposed to be referencing? My only guess is the Gilcrease stub from I-44 but the map isn't terribly clear.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

Quote from: rte66man on September 11, 2012, 02:20:20 PM
If you zoom in to the SW quadrant, you will see the following box:
[This image or video is currently unavailable.]
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

This is the first that I've heard of it.  I am guessing that it is a typo.  Besides, there's already an OK 12.

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on September 11, 2012, 06:39:32 PM
This is the first that I've heard of it.  I am guessing that it is a typo.  Besides, there's already an OK 12.

Seeing how this is ODOT, it probably IS a typo

rte66man

-Yogi Berra

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

Alps

Well, that would be the grade separation of the Gilcrease stub to the west of I-44. So first question, is (at least this part of) the Gilcrease secretly OK 12? And if not, second question, is there a short-term plan to complete the missing gap? If the answer to both is "no," I have to question why they referenced OK 12. But I get the feeling we need to dig deeper - the first question may be a "yes."

bugo

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/cwp-8-year-plan/cwp_ffy2012-ffy2019/pdfs/cwp_ffy2012-2019.pdf

Post Merge: September 12, 2012, 12:28:02 AM

Last I heard, the missing piece of the Gilcrease was to be built by OTA.

Alps

Scott5114

The only thing in the ODOT control section book is a control section numbered 87P. It doesn't show a route number.

Alps

Could be the planned number once they have something more built than is there now. We have official ODOT evidence in more than one place that this is SH 12, so I'm moving forward on the idea that it either is or is planned to be.

NE2

Quote from: Steve on September 12, 2012, 01:08:16 AM
We have official ODOT evidence in more than one place that this is SH 12
Isn't it the same project description? They could have made and copied a typo.

Scott5114

My guess is that it's probably the real thing, especially when you consider 12 is the lowest unused SH number at present. The only plausible typos I can think of for an existing highway it could be is SH-11, and this being part of SH-11 frankly makes no sense, or SH-112, which is in Le Flore County and on a trajectory ninety degrees away from Tulsa.

Nonetheless until we get some more documentation that shows exactly what the extent of the designation is supposed to be, I'm going to hold off on making it a Wikipedia article.

NE2

The strange thing is that in the project listing PDF the third column says "?????1" instead of SH012. Everything else seems to have the correct route number there (including a SH000 on page 20).

Scott5114

Yeah, I noticed that too.

The SH000 mentioned is the already-known Coyle loop route, which is probably an old alignment of OK 33 that for whatever reason is still state maintained, but inventoried as SH-0. Further up the road in Langston is its companion route, 0B. Both of them could be sensibly designated and signed as 33 Business or SH-33A and 33B, but what's the fun in that?

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on September 12, 2012, 01:38:30 AM
Quote from: Steve on September 12, 2012, 01:08:16 AM
We have official ODOT evidence in more than one place that this is SH 12
Isn't it the same project description? They could have made and copied a typo.
The PDF has three different mentions of SH 12, including one well removed from the other two. Yes, for the same overpass, but seems to be multiple projects involving it. Also, this seems more consistent with a future designation - i.e. the current number is ?????1 but the project is let as SH 12.

rte66man

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 12, 2012, 02:42:22 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too.

The SH000 mentioned is the already-known Coyle loop route, which is probably an old alignment of OK 33 ...

You are correct sir!

QuoteFurther up the road in Langston is its companion route, 0B. Both of them could be sensibly designated and signed as 33 Business or SH-33A and 33B, but what's the fun in that?

It's ODOT, they caln't even spel fun...

rte66man

-Yogi Berra

bugo

Have there been any new developments on Future OK 12? Is the freeway stub of the Gilcrease and the "super 2" between 41st and 51st maintained by ODOT? It has ODOT signs on it.

Scott5114

If anything new has happened, it's probably extremely early/boring details planning work. The document that references SH-12 shows it scheduled for federal FY 2017.

NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.