News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-80/US 65/US 6 interchange to be redone

Started by Revive 755, October 19, 2009, 01:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20091018/NEWS/910180345/-1/BUSINESS04

Would be nice to have a map showing the new configuration, much less a list of alternatives considered, but I'm guessing the interchange will be converted to a standard diamond.

And whatever happened to the left exit from WB I-80 to SB I-235?

froggie

QuoteAnd whatever happened to the left exit from WB I-80 to SB I-235?

It's still there.  The article writer either ignored Interstate-to-Interstate left exits (since the northbound I-35 "through movement" is also technically a left exit), or forgot about them.

froggie

I E-mailed the project engineer and got a PDF of the preliminary layout.  IaDOT is proposing a 5-ramp par-clo, with the loop being from EB 6 to WB 80, which would also make SB 65 to WB 80 a direct ramp.

Revive 755

As of 2/17/2011, the old ramp from EB I-80 to NB US 65 is closed off, but the bridge still remains.

The new signage for US 65 on EB I-80 could have been done a little better; the exit only arrow points to the shoulder.

iowahighways

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 17, 2011, 11:02:08 PM
The new signage for US 65 on EB I-80 could have been done a little better; the exit only arrow points to the shoulder.

They just rearranged the existing signs as a stopgap move until reconstruction is finished. (A "before" photo of what the signs on eastbound I-80 looked like last summer can be found here.)
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.