News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Trans Canada in Manitoba to get Speed Limit Increase to 110 km/h

Started by SignGeek101, April 23, 2015, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignGeek101

oscar

Speeding fines in Manitoba get pretty outrageous (in 2013, I paid almost C$400 for only 26km/hr over the limit, even Ontario is not that nasty), so any increased speed limits there are particularly welcome.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

SignGeek101

Quote from: oscar on April 23, 2015, 07:44:38 PM
Speeding fines in Manitoba get pretty outrageous (in 2013, I paid almost C$400 for only 26km/hr over the limit, even Ontario is not that nasty), so any increased speed limits there are particularly welcome.

Ontario still has the laughable 100 km/h limit on the 401 in rural areas.   :-D :angry:

I guess they like to cash in on tickets though since everyone drives at least 120 if not 130.

AsphaltPlanet

Good for Manitoba.  Shows how politically sensitive speed limits are.  As brutal as Ontario's speed limits area, enforcement is at least pretty lax in most areas of the province.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

AplikowskiTheMinnesotan

It's about time, it's bad enough their shoulders are just made up of pebbles, but at least you ca get through the province a lot faster now, especially considering Manitoba being the bridge between eastern and western Canada.
Rush is the best band! Case closed.

cl94

Quote from: SignGeek101 on April 23, 2015, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: oscar on April 23, 2015, 07:44:38 PM

Ontario still has the laughable 100 km/h limit on the 401 in rural areas.   :-D :angry:

I guess they like to cash in on tickets though since everyone drives at least 120 if not 130.

Speed limit in Ontario? More like a suggested minimum. On a bad day, the QEW moves around 115. I've gone 130+ on it and been passed like I'm standing still.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Dr Frankenstein

Meanwhile, Quebec is still at 100 and enforces it (at 120 and above). The SAAQ (DMV)'s highway security "expert" (a statistician with absolutely no practical background in highway engineering or even insurance) keeps hammering his opinion that driving over 100 is dangerous and must remain illegal, and that enforcement should be as repressive as possible.

jakeroot

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.