News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Button copy in Oklahoma

Started by bugo, February 20, 2015, 07:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

There are a few button copy signs in Oklahoma. Here are the ones I know of:

SB US 59 at I-40

EB OK 33 at I-44

SB Cincinnati Ave

I-44 EB

SB Tisdale:

There are several other button copy signs at the I-44/244 interchange in west Tulsa as well as the Gilcrease spur (signed as "51st Street") that heads west out of this interchange. There are also some on the east side of town between Tulsa and Catoosa. There are a bunch on the Tisdale Parkway (they're probably safe for now because the Tisdale is a city street and I doubt the city of Tulsa is ready to pay for unneeded sign replacements). I can think of a few that have disappeared, including this one in Muskogee:

US71

WB 40 near Roland

EB 40 just before US 59

Oklahoma City -- I think this is gone now :(

US 69 Miami

Oklahoma County

US 69 Checotah
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Brian556

Scott5114

The SH-9 expressway in Norman is signed all in button copy.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

nexus73

My fave was seeing the I-35/I-40 shields in buttoncopy.  That reminded me of some California Interstate shields I have seen.  They sure stand out and look good!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Scott5114

Some examples from Norman:

I-35 NB at Exit 109 (now gone)

I-35 NB at Exit 114 (now gone, replaced by Clearview)

Lindsey Street (zombie SH-74A) at I-35 (still there, but probably not for much longer)

SH-9 eastbound approaching US-77 (all still there but the last one has lost a few pieces of its border)

SH-9 westbound (still there). Bottom line probably used to read "Shaklee Rd", after a Shaklee Corporation that probably used to own the plant to the left

I-35 SB service road at Robinson St. Still there, as far as I know of.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: nexus73 on February 23, 2015, 09:41:58 PM
My fave was seeing the I-35/I-40 shields in buttoncopy.  That reminded me of some California Interstate shields I have seen.  They sure stand out and look good!

Rick
The sign has been replaced, but I hope someone got to rescue the shields.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.