New Jersey map drawing meet

Started by Alps, February 11, 2014, 10:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When would you attend a map drawing meet in NJ?

Saturday, December 6
2 (22.2%)
Saturday, December 20
4 (44.4%)
Saturday, January 3
5 (55.6%)
Saturday, January 10*
5 (55.6%)
Saturday, January 31
6 (66.7%)
Saturday, February 21
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Dougtone

I have Cabot cheese to bring, as well as the official artisan cheese of the Buffalo Sabres. Attendees may want to bring snacks as well as beverages.

Alps

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 08, 2015, 08:16:24 AM
Beer, Cheese, and Roads.  Really doesn't get any better than that.

Ironically, a beerfest may prevent me from attending this Saturday.  It's in Philly, and I and my wife signed up to volunteer for the event.  Thus, we get in for free, and during breaks, volunteers are allowed to sample the beers as well.  I can only see this as going bad for us real quick! Haha.

The most I could stop up for is an hour or so at the start, so I think I'm going to bow out unfortunately.
This is by far the best excuse I can accept. Fest on!

Alps

Y'all left a lot of maps here. I recognize Doug's atlas, but don't know whose most of the others are. (I recognize Scottsylvania.) If you wanted your map, like the US 46 shield drawn in roads, I'll be happy to hold onto it, just let me know which it is. Otherwise, they will be bundled for recycling (you adorable little ragamuffins).

Duke87

The downtown loop with no river and blue subways is mine, but you can recycle it. I don't need more clutter.

Also, totally not official meet photos:

I'm not pictured because I'm taking them and my girlfriend is not pictured because she had not arrived yet.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Roadrunner75

I get the distinct impression that Alps likes roads.

I used to really enjoy drawing road maps when I was younger.  I'll try to make the next one.  Hoping my five year old takes up the hobby too - He's already picking up on the local roads and surprised me recently by pointing out a shortcut to his school.

NJRoadfan

Lou looks totally excited to be there.

BrianP

Quote from: Roadrunner75 on January 11, 2015, 02:14:18 PM
I get the distinct impression that Alps likes roads.

I used to really enjoy drawing road maps when I was younger.  I'll try to make the next one.  Hoping my five year old takes up the hobby too - He's already picking up on the local roads and surprised me recently by pointing out a shortcut to his school.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR53OMsn1Pg

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.