Commercials that are popular that you ignore

Started by roadman65, February 13, 2014, 10:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

I am really fed up with the car ad for Washington's Birthday (which was over a week ago, yet the ad still airs) with the schoolkids singing the last names of the U.S. presidents to the tune of "Caesar habet unam legionem" (annoying nursery-rhyme type song from first-year Latin class 30 years ago or so, one I had blessedly forgotten until that damn commercial started airing a few weeks ago).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

DaBigE

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 24, 2015, 10:46:23 PM
I am really fed up with the car ad for Washington's Birthday (which was over a week ago, yet the ad still airs) with the schoolkids singing the last names of the U.S. presidents to the tune of "Caesar habet unam legionem" (annoying nursery-rhyme type song from first-year Latin class 30 years ago or so, one I had blessedly forgotten until that damn commercial started airing a few weeks ago).
^Seconded. I'd also ad the round of car ads (radio and tv) that came out around Valentine's Day (which are also still playing around here), which sexualize the new car buying experience. First, there was Toyota Jan reading a brochure in a seductive tone, then a series of local Kia ads equating starting a car to foreplay.

The one that currently bugs me the most are for Charter's spectrum services...they seem to run about every-other ad spot at times. As if they didn't send enough junk mail already :banghead: ...someone's marketing budget could stand to take a healthy cut. :pan:
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

renegade

Any commercial that gives the phone number more than twice is worth ignoring.  J G Wentworth, I'm talkin' 'bout you ...
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

hbelkins

Sprint is the sponsor of NASCAR's top-level racing series. If you watched the Bud Shootout, the Daytona 500 or any of the other Speedweeks events, you couldn't help but be subjected to this commercial.

There is really a song called "Narwhals." The artist is Mr Weebl

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/narwhals/id923071611?i=923071649

And there really is a video:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

texaskdog

Quote from: kphoger on February 07, 2015, 06:04:37 PM
* kphoger wonders how many of these commercials are actually popular . . . and how one even knows if a commercial is popular or not.

I often hear people say how great flo is. Makes me want to gag.

vdeane

Quote from: DaBigE on February 25, 2015, 12:30:34 AM
^Seconded. I'd also ad the round of car ads (radio and tv) that came out around Valentine's Day (which are also still playing around here), which sexualize the new car buying experience. First, there was Toyota Jan reading a brochure in a seductive tone, then a series of local Kia ads equating starting a car to foreplay.
Got links?  Those sound AWESOME.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.