KY 80 - Hal Rogers Parkway Upgrade To Interstate Standards

Started by 707, April 26, 2016, 04:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/news/plans-to-upgrade-ky-to-interstate-standards-are-approved/article_d041ace2-08cd-11e6-ad42-7fd164bbe14f.html

Thought this might be of interest. Seems Kentucky thinks I-66 isn't dead for whatever reason. They're still pushing to finish KY 80 to I-66 in Virginia.

froggie

The Ghostbuster

How extensive would it be to upgrade the Hal Rogers Parkway to Interstate Standards? It seems like it would be quite a chore.

bandit957

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 26, 2016, 03:54:16 PM
How extensive would it be to upgrade the Hal Rogers Parkway to Interstate Standards? It seems like it would be quite a chore.

It can't be done. There's too much forest and terrain issues.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

wdcrft63

Quote from: 707 on April 26, 2016, 04:23:47 AM
http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/news/plans-to-upgrade-ky-to-interstate-standards-are-approved/article_d041ace2-08cd-11e6-ad42-7fd164bbe14f.html

Thought this might be of interest. Seems Kentucky thinks I-66 isn't dead for whatever reason. They're still pushing to finish KY 80 to I-66 in Virginia.
I-66 is never going to be extended through West Virginia. If Kentucky wants an interstate linking I-65 to I-75 at London, that's something they can build, but it won't be I-66. For some other possibilities, see the Fictional Highways forum.

vdeane

Quote from: wdcrft63 on April 26, 2016, 04:08:37 PM
I-66 is never going to be extended through West Virginia. If Kentucky wants an interstate linking I-65 to I-75 at London, that's something they can build, but it shouldn't be I-66. For some other possibilities, see the Fictional Highways forum.
Fixed.  States, the FHWA, AASHTO, and Congress are all too willing to have non-continuous interstates these days.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Avalanchez71

I heard that they may close the jail in Pulaski County.  The upgrade may be well received.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.