OH - Former names along I-75 between Dayton & Cincinnati

Started by busman_49, May 06, 2015, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busman_49

Driving down I-75 approaching both the Monroe exits and the Liberty Way/OH 129 exits, I've noticed that the signs have green-out on them.  The  OH 63 Monroe/Lebanon signs have Lebanon in a slightly larger font on a green patch and the Liberty Way signage is on a green patch.  Does anyone know, what was on those signs beforehand?

jpi

Good question, I notice this from time to time myself, I was just on this stretch of 75 over the weekend and travel this interstate about 4 times a year going to Dayton for a toy show I set up at, also I noticed a shopping complex getting built on the west side of 75 near the OH 129 exit, any ideas what this may be?
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

busman_49

hbelkins

I have some pictures of that corridor taken at various times. Might be some older signs represented in those photos that would answer your questions.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

busman_49

busman_49

:pan:

And if I had spent just a LITTLE more time on Google Maps before posting this thread, I would have found:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.457583,-84.327339,3a,75y,185.94h,92.84t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s-6UNt52gBG4Zryfqo-yrlA!2e0!5s20090301T000000

So, I just wasted some board space, but it makes for good reference... :ded:

gilpdawg

Isn't the Liberty Way ramp somewhat new? In the last 3 years or so?

GCrites

DevalDragon

It is. There was no Liberty Way when I lived in West Chester back in 2008.

Quote from: gilpdawg on May 07, 2015, 09:09:01 PM
Isn't the Liberty Way ramp somewhat new? In the last 3 years or so?

amroad17

Quote from: GCrites80s on May 07, 2015, 10:58:37 PM
Why the control city change?
I believe it was because of the OH 129 freeway to Hamilton (Exit 24).  Before that was built, the best way to get to Hamilton from Monroe was to take OH 63 west to OH 4 south.  OH 63 has been a divided highway for at least 20+ years and so has OH 4.  However, with more development and businesses along OH 63, there are more traffic lights on the way to OH 4.  20 years ago there were no traffic lights from Main Street (old US 25) to OH 4.  So, now it takes a bit of time to get to Hamilton from this area.

OH 63 does go to Lebanon.  This matches the northbound BGS now.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.