News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What OS do you use? / Screenshots (a spin-off of the XP thread)

Started by Crazy Volvo Guy, January 01, 2014, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadsguy

I run Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion dv6, with lots of third-party stuff to make it look more like XP. "Misc Stuff" makes up for the lack of clutter on the desktop.

I plan on eventually building a computer and running 8.1 (possibly dual-booted with Linux), but that won't happen for a while.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Dr Frankenstein

This thread catches me just after my main computer's HDD crashed.

From Dec. 31 up to tonight, I was running Ubuntu off of a 4 Gb USB key -- using Linux for the first time as my primary OS since many years ago. This was my first serious encounter with Unity. I now loathe it. Gimme back my Gnome. (I used to be a KDE junkie back in the day)

I'm now back on a clean and still pretty stock Windows 7 install. I'm running the updates as we speak.

In the meantime, enjoy this old screenshot from May 2008.

yakra

You are using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
                - the Lucid Lynx - released in April 2010 and supported until April 2013.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

KEK Inc.

Take the road less traveled.

sammi

Ooh, à la Windows Phone. I like it.

And you're a redditor too. :colorful:

What program did you use? (Not that I'm getting it because I already have Windows 8.)

agentsteel53

Quote from: 1 on January 01, 2014, 06:25:03 PM
You can't be using someone else's. You like the forum way, way too much.

I use my work laptop.

I've posted from my mobile phone maybe 4 times, mostly to make sure Scott5114 wasn't wiped out by a tornado that one time. 

I don't own a computer.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

realjd

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 09, 2014, 06:26:35 PM
I don't own a computer.

You're like the 2014 version of those "I don't even own a TV" hipsters.

KEK Inc.

Quote from: sammi on January 09, 2014, 05:49:35 PM
Ooh, à la Windows Phone. I like it.

And you're a redditor too. :colorful:

What program did you use? (Not that I'm getting it because I already have Windows 8.)

Rainmeter. 

Skin:  http://fediafedia.deviantart.com/art/Omnimo-6-0-for-Rainmeter-407643092
Take the road less traveled.

Crazy Volvo Guy

Bump.

"New" laptop (Dell Latitude E6510), new distro.  openSUSE 13.1, KDE SC 4.11.

Clicky:

Plasma theme is Air - which is included.

Wallpaper Window Decorations
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

froggie

Primarily OS X 10.7.5, also Windows 7 via Parallels 7 (which will need to be upgraded to Parallels 9 once I update to "Mavericks").

sammi

On my Windows 8 laptop:

On my Linux desktop:

Unity:

i3:

Roadsguy

Figured I'd post an update. Still running Windows 7 x64 on the same laptop, but with a recent clean install. The XP theme broke and I never bothered to fix it, so I'm using the default now. I'm still using Classic Shell with a Vista start button graphic, though. Here's the desktop, with some random stuff "temporarily" stuck there in addition to my normal folders:

Redstone Way, get it?

Since my first post, though, there have been some hardware issues. The left hinge broke, which actually pried that corner of the case apart, bent the heatsink a bit, and made the fan make weird noises and eventually break. Now, with a new fan, I'm running the laptop base with the monitor removed, with an external monitor hooked up via an HDMI-to-DVI cable. I've had no problem since.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

sammi

After I thoroughly messed up my system last night, I reinstalled Linux and restored stuff from backup. As a result, the IRC server was down for 3 hours, and the rest of the system for another 7 hours.

Not much has changed, but overall I like it better:

AsphaltPlanet

I use Windows 7 x64 Professional.

I bought my computer a few years ago now, but it has held up pretty well.  I also have a Windows 7 laptop which I take when I am on the road.

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.